The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New Caudata.org Logo

This is a discussion on New Caudata.org Logo within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; So, what's the verdict? Hot or not?...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2008   #1 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default New Caudata.org Logo

So, what's the verdict? Hot or not?

Old 28th June 2008   #2 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 3
Rep: blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11
Default Re: New Caudata.org Logo

Lovely! Even better than before.

blueberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008   #3 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 17
Comments: 43
Rep: gr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.org

ooohhhhhh John's gone posh ...hot!

Old 28th June 2008   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Two thumbs up!

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008   #5 (permalink)
Jan
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quite attractive - well done.

Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008   #6 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 33
Comments: 7
Rep: Daniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

That's nice!
What are the species depicted? (Let me guess: Tylototriton verrucosus, Ambystoma mavortium larvae, Ambystoma texanum and Plethodon glutinosus? I am not good at ID'ing)

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008   #7 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: froggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Very nice

froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: lilsoul has shown reliable knowledgelilsoul has shown reliable knowledge

I can dig it

lilsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008   #9 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Rep: Nathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I think it is a welcome improvement!

P.S.
Happy B-day John

Wollemi
(Look around you)
-Australian Aboriginal saying

Nathan050793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008   #10 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Rep: Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11

Nice! I like the new logo quite a bit. It feels a little busy, but I'm no graphic designer.

I hope people don't take it as a subliminal message to mix species!

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | Dawn's Blog
Abrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008   #11 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Looks good.

freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008   #12 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
What are the species depicted? (Let me guess: Tylototriton verrucosus, Ambystoma mavortium larvae, Ambystoma texanum and Plethodon glutinosus? I am not good at ID'ing)
Ambystoma mavortium mavortium, Tylototriton verrucosus, Ambystoma texanum are correct. The Plethodon is a hard one to answer. It was found in McCurtain County, Oklahoma. Which means it could be Plethodon albagula or possibly Plethodon sequoyah. If you can tell the difference you win a gold star because I can't.

Re: The logo being busy, I can see what you mean. Anyone else think the same? I take criticism well :P I promise.

Old 28th June 2008   #13 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Re: The logo being busy, I can see what you mean. Anyone else think the same? I take criticism well :P I promise.
Well do you mean the Caudata.org logo with the orange C or the colorful pictures behind it? The logo no, the pictures maybe a little tiny bit I'd rather see my newt "famous" and in the picture when coming to the site for the first time than not. I only see the picture briefly before scrolling down to actual text anyway. For what that is worth.

blueberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Rep: tdimler has given consistently good advice and informationtdimler has given consistently good advice and informationtdimler has given consistently good advice and informationtdimler has given consistently good advice and information

Really Nice....

tdimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008   #15 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Comments: 5
Rep: madeve is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmadeve is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmadeve is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmadeve is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmadeve is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmadeve is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmadeve is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I like it but I wish there was an axolotl in that picture.

madeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008   #16 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 10
Rep: Jake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

That's pretty hot! That A.texanum totally floats my boat.

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008   #17 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

It's lovely. My only critique is that the sizes of the sals are out of proportion. The largest sal (axolotl) is the smallest image, and the smallest sal (Plethodon) is the largest image.

Old 29th June 2008   #18 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 6
Comments: 1
Rep: Slimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and information

Much better than the old one!

Slimy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008   #19 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennewt View Post
The largest sal (axolotl) is the smallest image
It's a tiger salamander larva, tsk tsk Jen :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennewt View Post
and the smallest sal (Plethodon) is the largest image.
Actually the Plethodon was close to or the same size as the texanum.

I'll have a think. There's one thing I want to change any how.

Old 29th June 2008   #20 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Actually now that I think about it, I think the slimy was bigger than the texanum.

Last edited by John; 29th June 2008 at 08:57.
John is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caudata.org, caudataorg, logo

LinkBack