The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!

This is a discussion on Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite! within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; In the first issue of the Caudata.org magazine we had a section showing members wearing their T-shirts. Now that we ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2008   #1 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Wink Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!

In the first issue of the Caudata.org magazine we had a section showing members wearing their T-shirts. Now that we are very close to a second issue I would like to repeat this. Who is game? Post your photos here and don't be shy! And it doesn't have to be just the shirts! Yes, your chance to be immortalised as a newt enthusiast.

PS: If you prefer an alternative to posting in the thread, you can contact me privately to send a photo via email.

Last edited by John; 9th July 2008 at 05:56.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!

How's this?
Attached Thumbnails
Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!-caudatabagsm.jpg  

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008   #3 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

It's fine, and it's a start!

Old 9th July 2008   #4 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

Good god, I can't believe I'm doing this.

Here is my contribution: a much younger me, at the Detroit Zoo (looking at their hellbenders).
Attached Thumbnails
Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!-face-face.jpg   Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!-look-bender-copy.jpg  

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008   #5 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Holy different person Batman!

Old 9th July 2008   #6 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

The caudata.org shirt pics are over 5 years old, while the one in my profile is 2 years old. I could put up a recent pic of me... but why? lol.

BTW: I still have both a black and a grey caudata.org shirt (properly garnished with lots of holes and dirt stains), as well as a sweatshirt (with lots of dirt). I should get a new one, one that's clean.

Old 27th August 2008   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 0
Rep: lims has given good advice and informationlims has given good advice and information
Talking Re: Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!

Hello, well, it feels weird, haha being back on here, I'm gonna take a while to read alot of stuff, I would love to have a caudata T shirt, how much is it again, any way I can win one?

Old 27th August 2008   #8 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Sam where have you been???

As for winning a T-shirt, what size do you wear?

Old 27th August 2008   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: lims has given good advice and informationlims has given good advice and information
Arrow Re: Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!

Hello, I would be large I think,, I would get you some wiked shots of me wearing it in the field and all sorts..

I've been to a few different places which I'll let you all know about, I also had no internet for a while and couldn't sort it out. I've had some C. orientalis larvae close to morphing which died coz my flatmate didn't change the water when I was in France like he assured me he would, I was only there for 6 days, anyway, I was extremely devestated. I put a lot of work into them, I just hope they breed the same this next year.
I photographed some larvae I found today which got me quite excited, not sure what they are. Been doing a lot of diving and underwater photography in lakes no amphibians though! Anyway I'm going to get back to reading and then posting...

Old 27th August 2008   #10 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Sorry for your loss, Sam. I hope you had fun when you were away.

I only asked about the shirt because I have like 2 spare ones at home but none are L.

Old 29th August 2008   #11 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

OK folks, two people wearing Caudata.org stuff does not a page in the magazine make.

Old 29th August 2008   #12 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: Nathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I'd post a photo- but alas, I don't own any Caudata.org merchandise. Sorry, John, maybe next issue.

Wollemi
(Look around you)
-Australian Aboriginal saying

Nathan050793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008   #13 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 10
Rep: Jake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Here are my contributions. Forget about the axolotl.org shirt if this is strictly caudata.org shirts.
Attached Thumbnails
Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!-img_0859.jpg   Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!-img_0857.jpg   Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!-img_0866.jpg  

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008   #14 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Very nice Jake. I have to tell you, I get a real kick out of seeing you wearing the Axolotl shirt. I have had one of those since I put them up on cafepress and it's one of my favourite T-shirts.

Thanks for posting those. Now if only we had 5 or 6 more :P.

Old 1st March 2009   #15 (permalink)
Jan
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: Jan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

John - don't know if you are still wanting photos for the magazine which will be published, but I was just going through some pix from a recent trip to California.....and found this one of me and my friend Dan.
Attached Thumbnails
Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!-phoenixpalmsprings-113a.jpg  

Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009   #16 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

It's not quite caudata.org, but I just found a picture of me in my CIG shirt, if you're interested.

Old 2nd March 2009   #17 (permalink)
Veterinarian

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11

I will be glad to help once i get my order for a t shirt, think of a nice sexy pose and get the lighting and angles right. I was wondering where to get that axolotl T shirt Jake is modelling. I can't seem to find it among the catalogue list. I want to get a black one. Black is very slimming.

Cheers

Old 2nd March 2009   #18 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

I appreciate the enthusiasm, folks, but I was severely underwhelmed by the response for this and I'm not giving it serious thought for the issue. Unless of course there's a dramatic turn around.

Old 2nd March 2009   #19 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 10
Rep: Jake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmaverick View Post
I was wondering where to get that axolotl T shirt Jake is modelling. I can't seem to find it among the catalogue list. I want to get a black one. Black is very slimming.

Cheers
There's a link to the page with axolotl shirts at www.axolotl.org/. You're totally right about black, the camera adds 5 pounds but the black shirt shaves off 10!

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009   #20 (permalink)
Veterinarian

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11Darkmaverick goes to 11

Hmm just an idea to throw out.

How about have caudata members from all over the world take photos of themselves in front of an iconic/symbolic landmark, holding up a sign that says "Caudata.org" and identify themselves with the username?

For eg. since im in sydney, i can take a photo of myself standing in front of the iconic sydney opera house and hold up a sign that says Darkmaverick says hi to Caudata.org, or something along those lines.

Although not as classy as with T shirts, i think it can be interesting to see caudata.org members from all over the world. Pictures in my mind Eva and Daniel by the berlin wall...

Cheers

Tags
caudata.org, caudataorg, t-shirt, tshirt, unite, unite!, wearers

LinkBack