The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

2009 Caudata.org Grant

This is a discussion on 2009 Caudata.org Grant within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; Hi everyone. I hope I am posting this in the right place, but I am sure John will relocate me ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th February 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default 2009 Caudata.org Grant

Hi everyone. I hope I am posting this in the right place, but I am sure John will relocate me if I am not . I want to say a great big THANK YOU to everyone in this community who helped raise the funds for Amphibian Ark at the end of '08. But rather than just absorb your donation into our general operating budget, I wanted to do something special with it to acknowledge your role and to encourage your involvement in conservation. So John and I cooked up the idea for a Caudata.org Grant, offered for this first time here in '09, and hopefully repeating every year. Check out the announcement here: www.amphibianark.org/Kevin/Caudata.org-grant.pdf . My goal is to collate the applications I get and post them online in a way that you can all vote on your favorite project. You raised the money, you pick the winner, right? The application deadline is a few weeks away, so spread the word, and then watch for another post from me about where/how you can review the applications and vote. I think this is going to be pretty cool, and I hope you agree. Cheers, Kevin
Kevin Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009   #2 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: 2009 Caudata.org Grant

I want to thank Kevin for doing the hard work on this and I also want to thank everyone who donated.
Old 6th February 2009   #3 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 3
Rep: blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11

How unusual for donors to be able to influence where their funding goes. What a thoughtful thank-you! Is it going overboard to say thank you for a thank-you?

-Eva

Albert Einstein
blueberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009   #4 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

We will be voting on this shortly. In the interests of fairness we will only be allowing voting from those members who donated during the relevant period. However all members will be able to see the applications and the results. Many thanks again to Kevin for his efforts.
Old 3rd March 2009   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: froggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Fantastic; thanks to both John and Kevin for arranging this, and again to John for making my suggestion into reality with such efficiency!

I look forward to seeing the options.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009   #6 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Voting will take place here: http://www.caudata.org/forum/f1-general-topics/f5-general-discussion-news-members/f1184-2009-grant/
Old 5th March 2009   #7 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Voting has now begun and the initial poll will end on March 15th: Caudata.org Grant Poll
Old 30th March 2009   #8 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

The recipient of the 2009 grant has been selected and notified. You can read more in this thread:

Grant Proposals for Committee

Tags
2009, caudata.org, caudataorg, grant