The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Caudata.org 2010 calendar photo competition

This is a discussion on Caudata.org 2010 calendar photo competition within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; Originally Posted by Badmungo I dont know if its ok to make comments on the pictures in the competition but ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2009   #41 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: Caudata.org 2010 calendar photo competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmungo View Post
I dont know if its ok to make comments on the pictures in the competition but thoose taken by Vide is simply stunning....! Thanks. Fredrik
Don't worry, it's perfectly acceptable.

Old 20th May 2009   #42 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Ok, im definitely retiring from the competition xDD
I love these calendar contest things, the quality of the photos gets better every year, and i never get tired of seeing caudates :)

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009   #43 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhael View Post
Ok, im definitely retiring from the competition xDD
You ain't kidding. I'm going to have to take a special photo just for this competition to have a chance (that's what I had to do with my only winning image last year, the tiger salamander).

Old 20th May 2009   #44 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

I haven't had time to break out the camera all season! Oy!

There are some great pictures this year. I hope more people join in! Although it will be hard to top the caliber of pictures we had last year. Whoo was that hard judging!!

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009   #45 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 10
Rep: Jake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

There are a lot of amazing photos so far! I know all photos can't be winners, but I see a few that would be great candidates for the caudata culture care sheets.

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009   #46 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Something about Donkey Kong and being on...

Addendum: I changed one of my entries - two of the same species seemed a bit silly.

Old 21st May 2009   #47 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 12
Rep: Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11

"John Clare - Mole Salamander - Ambystoma talpoideum"

Oh wow! I would so take that salamander to my worms, lol.

Useful links: Forum Rules | Axolotl Caresheets | Axolotl Sanctuary | Axolotl FAQ| Water Quality FAQ | Caudata Culture Articles
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009   #48 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Clairey Beary has given good advice and informationClairey Beary has given good advice and information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
You may add to or change your entries right up until the closing date.

Tran is cleaning up on the axolotl front - check out the wonderful new entry on the first page. If we get enough axolotl entries perhaps we should consider a separate axolotl.org calendar?

I definitely think there should be a separate calender for axolotl.org, I'm not really into all of the other types of caudate and would love to own an axolotl calender. I will definitely be posting pics of my 3 into the competition when I get some good quality close ups of them.

If I take some on my 8 mega pixel phone would this be sufficient to enter into the competition?

Claire.

Clairey Beary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009   #49 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairey Beary View Post
If I take some on my 8 mega pixel phone would this be sufficient to enter into the competition?
Provided they are of decent quality, yes. Take the photos and send them in to the photocomp email address and we'll find out.

Old 2nd June 2009   #50 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 7
Rep: grius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Holy diver, that is some fantastic pictures Vide!

grius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009   #51 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11

Juraj Lezovic - Triturus cristatus photo 1

Click the image to open in full size.

Juraj Lezovic - Triturus cristatus photo 2

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009   #52 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: calinewt has started on the right path

Wow! These photos are all amazing! I could only dream of taking such good shots!

calinewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009   #53 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11

Frank Packer - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 1

Frank Packer - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 2

Frank Packer - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 3

Frank Packer - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 4

Frank Packer - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 5

Last edited by Mark; 28th September 2009 at 16:15. Reason: Amended entries
Old 15th June 2009   #54 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

Eva Bockova - Cynops pyrrhogaster Photo 1

Eva Bockova - Cynops pyrrhogaster Photo 2

Eva Bockova - Cynops pyrrhogaster Photo 3

Eva Bockova - Cynops pyrrhogaster Photo 4

Eva Bockova - Cynops pyrrhogaster Photo 5

Last edited by Mark; 30th September 2009 at 20:42.
Old 15th June 2009   #55 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

Mark White - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 1

Mark White - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 2

Mark White - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 3

Mark White - Ambystoma mexicanum Photo 4

Old 15th June 2009   #56 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

This contest is becoming very axolotl-laden.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009   #57 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 12
Rep: madFrankie has given good advice and informationmadFrankie has given good advice and informationmadFrankie has given good advice and information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysie View Post
...and all is right with the world...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
madFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009   #58 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysie View Post
I believe you still have two entries left, hop to it.

Old 17th June 2009   #59 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

Jake Seals - Ambystoma texanum Photo 1

Jake Seals - Ambystoma texanum Photo 2

Old 17th June 2009   #60 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

Johnny Farnen - Cynops ensicauda popei

Tags
2010, 2010 calendar, calendar, caudata.org, caudataorg, caudate, competition, photo, picture

LinkBack