The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Caudata.org 2010 calendar photo competition

This is a discussion on Caudata.org 2010 calendar photo competition within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; Jorge Góis - Tylototriton shanjing Photo 1 Jorge Góis - Tylototriton shanjing Photo 2 Jorge Góis - Tylototriton shanjing Photo ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th September 2009   #141 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11
Default Re: Caudata.org 2010 calendar photo competition

Jorge Góis - Tylototriton shanjing Photo 1

Click the image to open in full size.

Jorge Góis - Tylototriton shanjing Photo 2

Jorge Góis - Tylototriton shanjing Photo 3

Jorge Góis - Tylototriton shanjing Photo 4

Jorge Góis - Tylototriton shanjing Photo 5

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009   #142 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Wow, Jorge - those are lovely.

Old 1st October 2009   #143 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Going by Mark's International Date Line statement, there's only 5 hours left folks - it's 7pm on the date line as I type this - that's 2 am Eastern US Time and 7 am British time. I haven't a four X what it is in Australia though.

Old 1st October 2009   #144 (permalink)
Banned

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 27
Rep: eljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and information

thanks John

eljorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009   #145 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11

By my reckoning the calendar competition is now officially closed. Any remaining submissions will be processed by myself this evening, GMT.

What happens next?

Over the next couple of days a judging thread will be created in the donor area of the forum and a judging panel will be chosen. The site moderators by default will all vote but as our numbers are few we usually recruit members from the forum to help. We aim to get around 20 judges.

How does it work?

It's very simple. Each judge chooses the 13 images they wish to appear on the calendar and the images with the most votes will be the winners. If the first round of voting does not result in 13 clear winners a second round of voting will be conducted on the images which drew joint 13th place.

The winners will then be announced!

May I take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated this year. We've had a record number of entries and the quality has been very high, judging will be extremely difficult.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009   #146 (permalink)
Salamandra Enthusiast

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: firesalamander has started on the right path

Everyone cross your fingers that yours will be selected!

Albert Einstein
firesalamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009   #147 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: andyoconnor83 has given good advice and informationandyoconnor83 has given good advice and information

Hey Mark, I am noticing my last 2 submissions weren't added to the thread, did I do something wrong other than waiting for the last day to submit them? I received an automated caudata.org email that said I was white listed and one that made me reply to confirm I wasn't a spam bot but nothing else?

andyoconnor83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009   #148 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Mark is only human - he is not an instant action machine, so please give him a day or so to get everything sorted out.

Old 2nd October 2009   #149 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: andyoconnor83 has given good advice and informationandyoconnor83 has given good advice and information

certainly understand that, and that he was probably bombarded with last minute submissions, sorry to come off as an annoyance. He was just so prompt with my previous submissions. no worries they probably aren't good enough anyways.

andyoconnor83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, 2010 calendar, calendar, caudata.org, caudataorg, caudate, competition, photo, picture

LinkBack