The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Impending Mega-Upgrade to Forum

This is a discussion on Impending Mega-Upgrade to Forum within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; Originally Posted by AngieD I don't think the website will 'die', there are far too many of us relying on ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2012   #21 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 0
Rep: Bill B has started on the right path
Default Re: Impending Mega-Upgrade to Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieD View Post
I don't think the website will 'die', there are far too many of us relying on this site!

Any idea when the upgrade will happen?
Definitely the best site for amphibian enthusiasts. Some site have rude members :/

Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012   #22 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11

Any chance of a true separation of the axolotl forums from the rest, or perhaps a way to "shut off" or "mute" forums one is not interested in?

SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012   #23 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

I don't think a full separation of the axolotl topics would go down well - we've talked about it a few times over the years and it wasn't greeted with enthusiasm by the majority, but I understand where you're coming from.

As for blocking out certain forums, I would have to look into that. What exactly do you have in mind?

Concerning the upgrade, I know it's been a few months but I'm actually somewhat glad we didn't go ahead because there was a major update to version 4 recently which would have created extra work. The upgrade is still on my to-do list for this year.

Old 12th September 2012   #24 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I don't think a full separation of the axolotl topics would go down well - we've talked about it a few times over the years and it wasn't greeted with enthusiasm by the majority, but I understand where you're coming from.

As for blocking out certain forums, I would have to look into that. What exactly do you have in mind?

Concerning the upgrade, I know it's been a few months but I'm actually somewhat glad we didn't go ahead because there was a major update to version 4 recently which would have created extra work. The upgrade is still on my to-do list for this year.

I think perhaps an additional heading and a minor edit in the "New Posts" Drop Down would do the trick.

By giving the axolotl forum it's own new post selection link and removing the axolotls from the advanced topic selection link, this allows faster access for axie lovers AND those of us that are less interested in axolotls do not have to sort through a long list of posts that tend to mask the other forums.

SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012   #25 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 2
Rep: jamminnewt has shown reliable knowledge

Thank you for the hard work John & all of the wonderful administrators! I have just visited for the first time in about 6 months and boy, was I fascinated by all of the changes. :) I very much appreciate having this forum to talk with other caudata-crazed people. :)

jamminnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2012   #26 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Did I mention they are about to release vBulletin 5? It'll be the sequel to vTrainwreck 4.

Old 20th September 2012   #27 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: arianja has shown reliable knowledge

VTrainwreck 4....sounds legit lol

arianja is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack