The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Best terrestrial salamanders as pets?

This is a discussion on Best terrestrial salamanders as pets? within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; What are the best terrestrial salamander as pets in terms of cost and personality?...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2017   #1 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Cloppy has started on the right path
Default Best terrestrial salamanders as pets?

What are the best terrestrial salamander as pets in terms of cost and personality?

Cloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: otolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Best terrestrial salamanders as pets?

I think most people will say Tiger Salamanders but I like Aneides lugubrius, T. marmoratus and Salamandra. Wild caught tigers will always be the cheapest and easiest to find.

otolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Best terrestrial salamanders as pets?

I will also suggest Salamandra. They are loads of fun to keep and have their own personalities. Mine are very aggressive and are lots of fun to feed. If you can find anyone selling them in your state i think you should definitely consider getting a few.
They may be a bit more pricey, likely nothing too bad though.

LinkBack