The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl pellets

This is a discussion on Axolotl pellets within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; Hi I ordered axonew pellets but was sent these instead http://www.luckyreptile.com/products/145/en/pid1,5$pid2,7775229$pid3,7779255/products.html Should i just bin them or would they be ...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Colin87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Axolotl pellets

Hi

I ordered axonew pellets but was sent these instead http://www.luckyreptile.com/products/145/en/pid1,5$pid2,7775229$pid3,7779255/products.html

Should i just bin them or would they be ok?

Thanks

Colin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: Axolotl pellets

Hi, welcome to the site. :)
Your link doesn't work for some reason, but if they're formulated for Axolotls and newts etc they should be fine. I've used Catfish, trout and Sturgeon pellets in the past without any issues as they're requirements are broadly similar to Axies.

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11
Default Re: Axolotl pellets

They're tadpole pellets. It looks like they've boosted the protein levels with the addition of crustaceans and fish meal etc. A good quality amphibian or insectivorous fish pellet would normally have 40%+ protein so they are a little lacking in that area. Assuming the axolotl finds them palatable I don't think it would do them any harm. I don't know how digestible the plant elements would be. Any indigestible parts would have an impact on the nutritional analysis. I wouldn't use them as a long term staple.

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack