The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

IHS Doncaster meeting September 3rd 2017

This is a discussion on IHS Doncaster meeting September 3rd 2017 within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; Did anyone attend the meeting today in Doncaster at the racecourse today? I travelled there today from Manchester and was ...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Alexscott98 has given good advice and informationAlexscott98 has given good advice and information
Default IHS Doncaster meeting September 3rd 2017

Did anyone attend the meeting today in Doncaster at the racecourse today? I travelled there today from Manchester and was surprised that I didn't see many amphibians. Seen a few dartfrogs at most and some salamanders. 1 newt which was a crocodile newt and a few axotls, was expecting to see more species of newts if I'm honest..

Alexscott98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: IHS Doncaster meeting September 3rd 2017

Yes, my friend morg and i go to most of them and I agree they are hit and miss when it comes to phibs. Sometimes though, the newts I have seen there have been quite unusual. Over the last few, amongst the standard adult Axolotls and waltls there have been juvenile Taricha torosa, T granulosa, Cynops ensicauda popei (sadly without locality data or I would have snapped them up!) and Triturus pygmaeus so it's always worth a look.
I always think these kinds of expos are driven by a combination of dry goods companies promoting their latest pot skull decorations and coloured sand substrates along with reptile breeders selling their latest colour morphs before they go out of fashion, but it's horses for courses i guess, pardon the pun. ;)

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Alexscott98 has given good advice and informationAlexscott98 has given good advice and information
Default Re: IHS Doncaster meeting September 3rd 2017

I was dissapointed if I'm honest. I was expecting to see more than what I saw. Today it was just all snakes and leopard geckos with the odd crested geckos. Was hoping to pick up a pair of Triturus dobricus but none were there.. and I do agree on the promoting of skull decorations, I went to the 'clearence sale area' what a waste of time that was.. anyhows that was my first IHS meeting and there is another one in November so I may go to that one.

Alexscott98 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack