The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Chinese giant for sale!!!

This is a discussion on Chinese giant for sale!!! within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; just want u guyes to know that a chinese giant salamander is for sale here in sweden, with cites-certificate of ...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By alexander
  • 3 Post By ivanli

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2007   #1 (permalink)
alexander

Gallery Images:
Comments:

just want u guyes to know that a chinese giant salamander is for sale here in sweden, with cites-certificate of course. it comes from the succeeded breeding in germany '95.

(Message edited by aartse_tuyn on March 09, 2007)

Old 8th March 2007   #2 (permalink)
cameron

Gallery Images:
Comments:

You can buy this species? Where's UberKyle?Click the image to open in full size.

Old 8th March 2007   #3 (permalink)
jeff

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I can't even imagine the price it's going to go for...

Old 9th March 2007   #4 (permalink)
kara

Gallery Images:
Comments:

holy <font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font>! what kind of tank requirements would be needed to house this giant? (Not that I am interested in buying, just curious!)

Old 9th March 2007   #5 (permalink)
alexander

Gallery Images:
Comments:

it will need like a swimming pool sized aquaria with slow flowing water to simulate it's natural habitat. he wants at least 1000 swedish crowns (which is equal to 1000 dollar). but remember, there aren't lots of these magnificant animals left, and even less in the care of a private home. this is a chance of a lifetime

Old 9th March 2007   #6 (permalink)
kyle

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hah, an interesting proposition. Although I'm sure a moderator will move this to the for sale forum soon enough... one of the last things I ever expected to actually see up for sale.

I can't say I would actually ever buy one, but I did get a laugh at being mentioned, it's nice to be thought of when people think of cryptobranchids. Anyone actually have the personal resources to house such a beast? Honestly, it's almost a steal at that price. Assuming this is true and the animal is in good health.

Click the image to open in full size. if only I had followed through with that wall length aquaria for my basement just incase such an opportunity arose Click the image to open in full size.

Old 9th March 2007   #7 (permalink)
alexander

Gallery Images:
Comments:

it need a similiar sized aquaria equal to an equally sized monitor. like 3 m wide, 2 m deep 1,5 m high. wouldn't even dare thinking of the whole price, u will probalby need a pond filter to adjust the correct floingClick the image to open in full size. and not to mention all the food it will consume. but anyway it's one of the most magnficiant animals to keep, but unless you're an experienced newt/salamander keeper i wouldn't bother.
i would buy it for sure, but im going to buy a bike for 3000 dollar so i don't have the money for this little project Click the image to open in full size.

Old 9th March 2007   #8 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ryan has started on the right path

Why don't I just live in an aquarium?! There is no way I could put anything close to that in my house, I would have to put on a whole new edition.

ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007   #9 (permalink)
mark

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Alexander - I've edited out your offer as this is not the appropriate section for advertising animals for sale even if they do not belong to you. However it's an interesting discussion so I haven't moved it.

Old 9th March 2007   #10 (permalink)
alexander

Gallery Images:
Comments:

thanks mark, this isn't an advertisement, i just want everone to know that someone in sweden is selling one of these salamanders, as it is a rather uncommon happening. most of us that are interested in caudates always have an eye open for these big fellows, just wanted to share what i've seen here on the swedish herpeteologist site Click the image to open in full size. i can try to ask about som pics that i can add here if u guys want to.

Old 9th March 2007   #11 (permalink)
joonas

Gallery Images:
Comments:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>Quoting Alexander on Friday 09 March 2007 - 07:58 (#POST123912):</font>

at least 1000 swedish crowns (which is equal to 1000 dollar). <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
One thousand Swedish crowns is like 140 US Dollars or a bit more than 100 Euros.
So the price remains as a mystery. Or if 1000 SEK is the price, this animal is going at a cheap rate.

Could you Alexander please post a link to original site where you found this info.

Old 10th March 2007   #12 (permalink)
alexander

Gallery Images:
Comments:

it's gone as he couldn't find anyone serious Click the image to open in full size.
btw, i wrote wrong, meant 10000 swedish crowns

Old 10th March 2007   #13 (permalink)
henk

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Well the Zoo of Antwerp is looking for an animal like this and have an adatped tak and cooing system set ready. How do they get in touch with the person in question ... ??

Old 10th March 2007   #14 (permalink)
alexander

Gallery Images:
Comments:

dunno, he's gone but i can ask around if some1 can get into to touch with him. at least i read about it on http://www.repti.net in the Köp/sälj part of the site. it has ben removed

(Message edited by snussmak on March 10, 2007)

Old 23rd April 2013   #15 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Aaron911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chinese giant for sale!!!

I have also just found out were to buy a Chinese giant salamander. I'm am upset for 2 reasons. 1 is they mainly sell them as food but they will ship live and guarantee arrival. And 2 is they want $2,000 USE I'll never afford that :-(. It's so sad to think they kill dozens maybe hundreds every day... So sad!

Aaron911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013   #16 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Rep: ivanli has shown reliable knowledge

I'm feeding hundreds of Chinese giant salamanders; I'll give you some for free, ha-ha!

Three female salamanders of my stock just laid many eggs one week ago, I'm so happy!

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Thumbnails
Chinese giant for sale!!!-img_1377662743959.jpeg  

ivanli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: TheAmphibianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ivanli the next time you have some can I get one of the eggs

TheAmphibianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chinese, giant, sale

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 19th October 2017, 14:02 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack