The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Aquarium Club Of Lancaster County Amphibian program 3-20-07

This is a discussion on Aquarium Club Of Lancaster County Amphibian program 3-20-07 within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; I'll be giving a talk on amphibians at the ACLC on March 20 at 7:30. The talk will be on ...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2007   #1 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I'll be giving a talk on amphibians at the ACLC on March 20 at 7:30. The talk will be on amphibians in general with special emphasis on mostly aquatic newts and salamanders. Their will be no slide or powerpoint presentation. The Aquarium Club meets at the Hempfield United Methodist Church, 3050 Marietta Ave, Lancaster, Pa. 17601 It is close to That Fish Place

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007   #2 (permalink)
cameron

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Wish I could go.

Old 24th March 2007   #3 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

The talk was a blast. I went home with 1 more styro box of animals than I took for demonstration. I picked up some java fern and some miniature crayfish. Some (at least 1) Caudata.org people even showed up.

I'm not trying to do to many of these talks. It looks like I'll be doing another one at the Berks County Aquarium club near the end of 2007. Anna Burbank from there is one of my new buddies.
Michael

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007   #4 (permalink)
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Good going, Michael!Click the image to open in full size. I once gave a general amphibian talk at a local wildlife center. These kinds of talks are always well received, and it's important to try to get people thinking about these animals.

Old 24th March 2007   #5 (permalink)
cameron

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I'm going to setup tanks and stuff at a festival. Me and a few park rangers are going to be educating people about many of the native amphibian species of Georgia to everyone.

Tags
amphibian, aquarium, club, county, lancaster, program

LinkBack