The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Michigan tiger salamanders

This is a discussion on Michigan tiger salamanders within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; Does anyone know a good specific spot in michigan to view tiger salamanders in courtship?...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2006   #1 (permalink)
brandon

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Does anyone know a good specific spot in michigan to view tiger salamanders in courtship?

Old 14th March 2006   #2 (permalink)
joan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Southwest Michigan. There are breeding populations in the Jackson area and in the Hastings area, as well as smaller populations scattered about.

Old 20th March 2006   #3 (permalink)
brandon

Gallery Images:
Comments:

you wouldn't happen to know where in jackson or hastings??? like a certain park or anything???

thanks

Old 20th March 2006   #4 (permalink)
joan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Giving out specific information is frowned upon. The general feeling is that if you're willing to invest the time and effort into finding it yourself, you'll appreciate it more. And most people don't give out specific information in order to prevent people from going there and mass-collecting species.

Old 20th March 2006   #5 (permalink)
brandon

Gallery Images:
Comments:

oh sorry, i'm just not from those exact areas in Mich. my parents live in the Brighton area so its not that far away from Jackson but i just don't know my way around there very well. I just heard that the mating habits of Ambystomids is cool looking, like a dance. And i just wanted to watch. sorry i didn't think about the other repercussions of giving that info. but thanks for the info you did give me. happy herping.

Old 21st March 2006   #6 (permalink)
joan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Good luck

Tags
michigan, salamanders, tiger

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 22nd August 2017, 21:32 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack