The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Highest Temperature for Tiger Salamander?

This is a discussion on Highest Temperature for Tiger Salamander? within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; Does anyone know what the Highest Temperature for Tiger Salamander is? I really need to know!!...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th April 2006   #1 (permalink)
george

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Does anyone know what the Highest Temperature for Tiger Salamander is? I really need to know!!

Old 27th April 2006   #2 (permalink)
edward

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hi George,
It depends what you mean by the highest temperature. If you are referring to the temperature at which 50% (Tmax) of the exposed animals die, I think I can find this if I get a chance to look.
In general I would suggest that exposure to temps above 75 F be for brief periods of time, although in my experience they will tolerate (for brief periods) temps to about 82 F.

Ed

Tags
highest, salamander, temperature, tiger

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 2 (Set)

herpguy, Zalth
LinkBack