The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

A nice surprise tonight, 2 Alpestris Alpestris Larvae

This is a discussion on A nice surprise tonight, 2 Alpestris Alpestris Larvae within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; I'm sure a lot of threads like this go up but I am chuffed to bits so thought I would ...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th June 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: jayne has started on the right path
Talking A nice surprise tonight, 2 Alpestris Alpestris Larvae

I'm sure a lot of threads like this go up but I am chuffed to bits so thought I would share my good news with you all.

I'm still new to keeping newts and still have a lot to learn but I got a nice surprise tonight when I had a good look at my tank. I've got two larvae, around an inch long and what seems to be a newly hatched larva crawling round the tank. I was starting to think I was having no luck so for my first time breeding them i'm really pleased.

I'll get some pictures up asap.

Last edited by John; 14th June 2007 at 00:00.
jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Congratulations! These kinds of surprises are always a lot of fun. Good luck with them!

Jennewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Hi Jayne,
They must be the rabbits of the newt world, because the same thing happened to me.
Good luck with yours! Mine are doing great.

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:

Thank you.

I've only seen one today but the others could be hiding in the darkness or amongst the plants. The one i've seen seems to be doing ok.

This is the little guy:
Attached Thumbnails
A nice surprise tonight, 2 Alpestris Alpestris Larvae-alpestrislarvaresized.jpg  

Old 6th August 2007   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

My baby newts are thriving, they still have their gills but are getting closer to coming out of the water. The only problem I have is my male newts are really thin and one died yesterday. I've been feeding them well and tried the last male on worms today but he doesnt seem interested. Can anyone suggest anything?

Tags
alpestris, larvae, nice, surprise, tonight

LinkBack