The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Ohio Amphibian Research & Conservation Conference

This is a discussion on Ohio Amphibian Research & Conservation Conference within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; FYI... Here is a link to the Ohio Amphibian Research and Conseration Conference that will be held on March 15, ...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: blckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and information
Default Ohio Amphibian Research & Conservation Conference

FYI...

Here is a link to the Ohio Amphibian Research and Conseration Conference that will be held on March 15, 2008 in Columbus, OH.

http://www.ohioamphibians.com/meeting/

Here is the list of events
http://www.ohioamphibians.com/meetin...phibianMtg.pdf

There will be talks on hellbenders, spotted salamanders, Unisex ambystomids in ohio, four-toed salamanders in ohio, and many other intersting talks.

blckkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: lims has given good advice and informationlims has given good advice and information
Arrow

I wonder if we ever have these in England.. I'd go

lims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007   #3 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

I`ve added it to the caudata.org calendar. Thank you!

Old 24th December 2007   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: duktig has started on the right path

Looks like I'm going back to Ohio - I did some research on the unisex Ambystomids 33 years ago...

Thanks for posting this!

duktig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jericho has started on the right path

duktig wrote:
Looks like I'm going back to Ohio - I did some research on the unisex Ambystomids 33 years ago...

Will you be speaking?

jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: Andy Avram is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgAndy Avram is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgAndy Avram is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgAndy Avram is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgAndy Avram is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgAndy Avram is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

I went to the reptile version of this conference 2 years ago (they alternate reptiles, off year, amphibians, off year, reptiles...) and it is pretty good with like 45 minute synapsis of various projects around the state. If you can go longer sign up for the Wildlife Diversity Conference on Wednewday before put on by ther ODNR. http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9...nouncement.pdf

Sometimes a few of the topics overlap but for the most part they are different.

Overall it is a good conference and if the weather is right the salamander migration will be taking place. Two years ago we found Tigers, Spotted and Smallmouth along with Spring Peepers, Leopard Frogs, Western Chorus, Green Frogs, Bullfrogs and American Toads by roadcruising the nights around the conference.

Andy

Andy Avram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: blckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and informationblckkeys has given consistently good advice and information

There is a good chance that I will be going to this. I may not be able to do any road cruising or anything, but wouldn't mind putting some faces to the names. Just throwing it out there.

blckkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amphibian, conference, conservation, ohio, research

LinkBack