The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Another Newt site worth checking out

This is a discussion on Another Newt site worth checking out within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; I just noticed this wasn't on your list of links: http://newt150.tripod.com/index2.shtml "Super Newt" is a good site with helpful information ...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th November 2008   #1 (permalink)
Asian Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 1
Rep: Gingrich has shown reliable knowledgeGingrich has shown reliable knowledge
Cool Another Newt site worth checking out

I just noticed this wasn't on your list of links:
http://newt150.tripod.com/index2.shtml

"Super Newt" is a good site with helpful information from a person who successfully has breed and kept many types of newts and offers information on housing, feeding, etc. I thought it was a pretty cool site and you should check it out if you haven't already seen it before.
Old 17th November 2008   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Another Newt site worth checking out

It is too anthropomorhic for my taste. Not to mention the fact that species mixing seems to be advocated.
Chip
freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008   #3 (permalink)
Asian Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Rep: Gingrich has shown reliable knowledgeGingrich has shown reliable knowledge

It's not advocated although it does suggest how you should do this if you want to.

"Mixing different species of newts together can pose some problems including foreign disease and therefore isn't normally recommended. If you do wish to attempt a mixed species habitat, be sure to keep similarly sized species of the same genus together such as Cynops pyrrhogaster and Cynops orientalis. This can prevent accidental injuries as a result of fighting over issues such as food or dominance over a female during breeding."

I agree that this is not a strong enough message for such a risky thing. Overall I'd still say that the site is educational and helpful. :yin-yang:
Old 9th December 2008   #4 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

I think we didn't like her site for some silly reason like she deliberately avoided linking us (look at her links page). That went on a bit in the distant past.

As for linking it now, well honestly I'm with Chip on the anthropomorphic business and I don't think that site brings anything that isn't already here at the table, if you know what I mean.
Old 9th December 2008   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: geosheets has given consistently good advice and informationgeosheets has given consistently good advice and informationgeosheets has given consistently good advice and information

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I think we didn't like her site for some silly reason like she deliberately avoided linking us (look at her links page).
The site does have www.axolotl.org on the links page...
geosheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008   #6 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosheets View Post
The site does have www.axolotl.org on the links page...
Good point. I believe the axolotl link goes back to when I was running that and someone else was running Caudate Central (before it was Caudata Culture). I hope you can fill in the blanks.
Old 10th December 2008   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: coendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I remember this site from the early days. Even though the site isn't half as professional or elaborated as Caudata.org, it did help spark up my long lost passion for newts.
coendeurloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
checking, newt, site, worth