The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New York Metro Reptile Show Sept. 13 - 09

This is a discussion on New York Metro Reptile Show Sept. 13 - 09 within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; I'll be there. I'll be easy to spot in my red Philadelphia Phillies Wolrd Series shirt. I'll be wearing it ...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2009   #21 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 7
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: New York Metro Reptile Show Sept. 13 - 09

I'll be there. I'll be easy to spot in my red Philadelphia Phillies Wolrd Series shirt. I'll be wearing it to show off to all the Mets fans there. And stop by Mikes table of course.

Coastal Groovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009   #22 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Since so many of us will be there, I think we should arrange a "meet up". Perhaps at Michael's table at a certain time of the day? I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps we could go out to eat together too - I've done that with a bunch of salamander enthusiasts several times and it's always fun. Again, suggestions welcome. I will probably wear my green Caudata.org shirt. You can see my photo in that photos thread - I'm "large", just over 6' - hard to miss.

Old 10th September 2009   #23 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

The alpines are not sexable. I look forward to meeting everybody but will probably be stuck to the table. I'm not afraid to say it. I'll be at Dawns house Saturday night for supper.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009   #24 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Dawn's house is almost on the way to White Plains for me.

Old 11th September 2009   #25 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: tylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

I haven't planned my outfit yet. Hahah. I'll be there early (like 10) because i'm not a huge fan of the crowds.

Old 11th September 2009   #26 (permalink)
Salamandra Enthusiast

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: firesalamander has started on the right path

I wish I were there. It would be nice to see all of you guys in person.

Albert Einstein
firesalamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009   #27 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 3
Rep: monkeyfrogman28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Since so many of us will be there, I think we should arrange a "meet up". Perhaps at Michael's table at a certain time of the day? I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps we could go out to eat together too - I've done that with a bunch of salamander enthusiasts several times and it's always fun. Again, suggestions welcome. I will probably wear my green Caudata.org shirt. You can see my photo in that photos thread - I'm "large", just over 6' - hard to miss.

Sounds great. I would love to meet up with a bunch of people from here. I dont know about dinner because of the 3 hour drive home plus I have to be some where else.

monkeyfrogman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009   #28 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Well, I got him first and spoiled him for all of you. Michael and his wife Nancy stopped here on the way and critiqued my set ups, learned all my dirty secrets, met my ferrets, saw Dipsy do his tricks, and had dinner. It'll all be downhill from here for them! Sorry I can't make it tomorrow.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009   #29 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

I'll be there in the morning until midday or 1 pm. I'll be wearing a black old-style (with big logo on the back) Caudata.org T-shirt. See you then.

Old 13th September 2009   #30 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: tylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Michael,
It was great to meet you today. You truly had some wonderful quality stock and i'm incredibly excited that you will now be a permanent fixture at the NY shows. Just one more reason for me to come.

Alex

Old 13th September 2009   #31 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Michael Khadavi is an unknown quantity at this point

I was working at Black Jungle's table helping them at the show. Michael Shrom and John Clare, it was great meeting both of you! It's good to see more caudates at the show.

Mike

Michael Khadavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009   #32 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 46
Comments: 2
Rep: Neotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

It it seems I really missed out. Theres always next time! Glad you guys had fun.

Old 14th September 2009   #33 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

To finally meet Michael Shrom was a real pleasure (plus I got the bonus of meeting his lovely wife). Michael certainly is a pioneer in terms of the work he does and it was fascinating to watch him in action.

I was pleasantly surprised with just how many non-salamander people had heard of Caudata.org. It was good to talk to the people at Black Jungle particularly, and I enjoyed talking with Mike Khadavi - I think we'll have more discussions in the future Mike.

I also enjoyed meeting Bill Yannone and George (Groundhog) and our high achieving lurker (I'll let you name yourself!).

It was a pity to miss out on meeting Alex, hopefully I will see you next time! I should be in attendance at the New Hampshire show coming up, and I could well re-visit White Plains later this year.

Old 14th September 2009   #34 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org

It is always nice to be able to put a face and voice with people you talk to online. John was very helpful with my new B. cognatus toads. The field obsevations you gave me will be very helpful if I'm ever to get them to breed. Thanks. And it is always fun to talk to Mike and his wife. Some people there scared me though. Like the guy that wanted to put his neon green dragon lizard in with some T. marmoratus. My trip was a bit of an adventure. I ended up on 133rd street and 12 th ave. Because they guy in the booth told me to stay right. I should have just read the big sign that hung over the bridge for I 87. LOL Now I would have no problem getting there I wouldn't even need to print directions. I saw two people with paddletail newts. The ones that Mike has are huge!!! And I saw some greater sirens for sale also. There was one guy there besides Mike with some axies but they were twice the price. I feel sorry for the people that bought them before they got to Mikes table!!!!!. It was not as crowded as the Hamburg Pa. shows but there was a nice turn out. Not really a reptile show to me unless Im packed elbow to elbow and sweating to the point of passing out. Anyone thats been to the Hamburg show in the summer will understand that. It would be nice if more of us could have been there. I would have liked to thank Dawn in person for that nice white worm culture she sent me. And my newts and Sals thank her too. Maybe there will be a nice east coast gathering of us this spring. That could be good or scary depends how you look at it.

Old 14th September 2009   #35 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

The next Westchester Expo is Nov 29. I'll be able to make that one, maybe the rest of you can mark your calendars. Michael, will you be there?

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Old 14th September 2009   #36 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

It was nice to meet some new people. It was especially fun to meet John and go to Dawns house. It was to bad I didn't have time for a casual visit with the forum members that showed up. I was kept pretty busy at the stand. I will be at the next White Plains show on Nov. 29. It is on a holiday weekend and I've heard the traffic can be nasty.

Old 14th September 2009   #37 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

It would take me 2 hours and 15 mins to get there with no traffic. I will have to skip that madness.

Old 16th September 2009   #38 (permalink)

Nationality:

Michael, John, and Bill.
Attached Thumbnails
New York Metro Reptile Show Sept. 13 - 09-dsc_0057.jpg  

Old 16th September 2009   #39 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

ha ha which t-shirt does not belong?

Old 16th September 2009   #40 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

It's the 6'+ club. I can't recall a photo where I've ever looked short. Thanks for posting that, Michael. See you again soon I hope :).

Tags
metro, reptile, sept, show, york

LinkBack