The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New York Metro Reptile Show Sept. 13 - 09

This is a discussion on New York Metro Reptile Show Sept. 13 - 09 within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; I'll have a table at the New York Metro Reptile Show on Sept. 13 - 09 http://www.reptileexpo.com/nyfirst.htm shrommj@ptd.net...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2009   #1 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default New York Metro Reptile Show Sept. 13 - 09

I'll have a table at the New York Metro Reptile Show on Sept. 13 - 09
http://www.reptileexpo.com/nyfirst.htm

shrommj@ptd.net

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: New York Metro Reptile Show Sept. 13 - 09

The one in White Plains? That's the one that I always go to! When I'm not working my Sunday double shift (every other sunday) as I am on Sept 13 DARN DARN DARN but I should be seeing you the following sunday at the PA Ren Faire! Do you stay overnight in this area? I have Saturday off and you could stop by and see my house/tanks.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

It's the one in White Plains. It looks like I'll be going to all of them there. I'll email you about the possibility of us going to Frostbite Falls before White Plains.

Old 13th August 2009   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Well, there are very rarely any other caudates there. One year "everyone" had fire salamanders, a few years ago. Occasionally someone will have a paddletail or a siren, and once someone had amphiumas.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Old 26th August 2009   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

I got my N.Y. tax number so I'll probably be doing all of the White Plains shows. It looks like I'll get to add a couple more VIP caudata.org members to my people I've met list after the show.

Old 27th August 2009   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

Who else besides me goes there?

Old 27th August 2009   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

Theirs some guy moving to the east coast from Texas that might show up. A couple other caudata.org people said they were be coming. It is a pretty neat show. It is not a salamander show. The only show I have ever been to that had more than one salamander vendor there was the old IAD show.

Old 27th August 2009   #8 (permalink)
Salamandra Enthusiast

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: firesalamander has started on the right path

Have you ever been to the kansas city reptile expo? We might be going and I would like to know if there are any people with salamanders.

Albert Einstein
firesalamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:

I've never been to Kansas. I stay pretty close to home. White Plains will be the greatest distance I've traveled to do a show.

Old 4th September 2009   #10 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

My staff have managed to rearrange my schedule so I can attend this show!

Old 4th September 2009   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 3
Rep: monkeyfrogman28 is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in MA so I will go more than likely. Can I ask you what you will be bringing? I would like to know so I can try to find you right away instead of looking around. Last time I saw some waxy monkey frogs and was walking over to get them and some one cut in front of me and purchased them. So I like to know whose got what so I can consentrate on a area to give myself time to think.

monkeyfrogman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: tylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

I'll be there! I'm pretty excited to see what you'll be bringing.

Old 5th September 2009   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylototriton View Post
I'll be there! I'm pretty excited to see what you'll be bringing.
I hate to post to many for sale adds on this forum. Usually a couple days after I post them the animals are sold and they are out of date. You can email me and I'll give you a list or ck my add on Kingsnake.com amphibians classifieds.
shrommj@ptd.net

Old 5th September 2009   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: horsefieldi has started on the right path

I will be there. I always stop at this show on my way to work. Hoping to meet some caudata people.

horsefieldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009   #15 (permalink)

Nationality:

I'm getting things ready for the show. It will take some water changes on the road for the aquatic salamanders. I'll be leaving Saturday around noon and going to see how a moderator keeps her salamanders. After breaking bread with the moderator I'll head to the hotel and do some water changes. Sunday morning I'll probably do some water changes again at the show. I'll keep all of the aquatics pretty cold.

If you are planning on picking up a 6" axolotl or an Ambystoma andersoni at the show please let me know. Due to the extra work I won't be bringing a lot of these along. I'll have plenty of little gold axolotls and other salamanders.

It should be cool but please bring a small styro. and ice pack for taking your animals home.

When you stop by please let me know who you are and that you are a member of this forum. I'll look kinda of like this and will probably be wearing an axolotl.org t shirt.

shrommj@ptd.net
Attached Thumbnails
New York Metro Reptile Show Sept. 13 - 09-dsc_0059.jpg  

Old 10th September 2009   #16 (permalink)
Salamandra Enthusiast

Nationality:

will you be having any fire salamanders?

Albert Einstein
Old 10th September 2009   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesalamander View Post
will you be having any fire salamanders?
I won't have any c.b. fire salamanders.

Old 10th September 2009   #18 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
I'll be leaving Saturday around noon and going to see how a moderator keeps her salamanders. After breaking bread with the moderator I'll head to the hotel
What, are you afraid to name me or something? Or just embarassed?

Old 10th September 2009   #19 (permalink)
Salamandra Enthusiast

Nationality:

Alright. I was just wondering. I recently acuired some fire salamanders and i was just curious.

Albert Einstein
Old 10th September 2009   #20 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 3
Rep: monkeyfrogman28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright Michael. I will be wearing my Got frogs shirt and Got frogs hat.Plus I am like 6'5 so I should stand out. I will say Hi. Are the Alpine newts you selling sexable??

monkeyfrogman28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, reptile, sept, show, york

LinkBack