The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

My pond!

This is a discussion on My pond! within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; We only put the pond in last june, already we have frogs and newts but to my suprise today when ...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: sophie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My pond!

We only put the pond in last june, already we have frogs and newts but to my suprise today when i was doing some pond maintence up popped lots of baby newts!!! i also have a home made water butt thingy which the last time i was doing the pond i put some fairy moss in this tub of water to make sure i hadn't killed anything by taking it out of the pond, i went to use the water to refill the pond when up popped more baby newts!!! they are sooo cute, the adults are still in the pond aswell as the frogs! the newts appeared in spring, they are smooth newts. i was amazed pond had been in less than a year! and now to have babies!! WOW.. someone who lives half way down the road used to get them in his koi pond apparently he was upset he didn't get them this year!

Old 23rd August 2009   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: My pond!

That's wonderful! I have a backyard pond that attracts frogs (only).

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pond

LinkBack