The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Shipping across boarders/overseas?

This is a discussion on Shipping across boarders/overseas? within the General Discussion & News from Members forums, part of the General Topics category; Hi Everyone, first off I just wanted to apologize if this is a repeat question, I honestly couldn't find or ...

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th December 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Vahrun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping across boarders/overseas?

Hi Everyone, first off I just wanted to apologize if this is a repeat question, I honestly couldn't find or even think of where to find this!

So my question is basically, I live in Canada and there is a seller in the US that I might be interested in buying from (a GFP Axie <3 ) I was wondering, is it a pointless dream? Someone told me that you had to pay massive amounts to get the little critters over the boarder but someone else told me that it should be fine. So if anyone could clear this up for me, that would be great, thanks!!

And again I apologize if this is a repeat question!!

Vahrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: esn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Axolotls are CITES and animal imports and exports are heavily controlled. Kiss your dreams goodbye unless you can afford the licensing and have the right paperwork. There are many threads asking about this.

esn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Default Re: Shipping across boarders/overseas?

Ah ok, thats kind of what I figured : ( thank you!

Old 26th December 2012   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 8
Rep: FrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

As indicated, axolotls are CITES. They're not all that hard to get or import, but because they're all CB, most can't have their legal origin proven well enough to obtain the export permit.

In addition, genetically modified animals of ANY kind are heavily regulated for Canadian import. Basically, you can't get the necessary research-oriented import permit required for GFP axolotls. No exporter can send you these, regardless of CITES, and you likely won't even encounter any in a lab in this country.

FrogEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

Darn, thank you for the info though! : ) Very much appreciated!

Tags
shipping canada overseas

LinkBack