The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

How tame is your axie?

This is a discussion on How tame is your axie? within the Off-Topic forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; I have a leuci that's about 6 inches, not sure of the age but we've had him since March. I've ...

Off-Topic Many people have requested an area of the forum in which to discuss topics not directly related to the rest of the forum (such as newt and salamander art).

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Danilugosi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Danilugosi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How tame is your axie?

I have a leuci that's about 6 inches, not sure of the age but we've had him since March. I've noticed a definite personality more so in the last month! My little Juan seems to be taking more notice of my partner and I and is super friendly. Lately he's been watching us, following us and interacting. We like to think that he is just attention seeking and not thinking its feeding time - it's cuter that way.

Last night I dangled my fingers in the tank (it's about 140L, 3ft long) and he came up for a play. I made sure I got this glory on video!

I can't express how much something that does so little in life can make me so happy and proud. I do believe the bane of his existence is all about being so damn cute!

The only downfall of having an axie is that we can't cuddle him on the couch like we do our snake.

I'll edit and post my video on Instagram (@danilugosi) because I just love the axie dance.

Post your stories here, I want to read them!!

Here's a pic just for the cuteness, I think it's every axie owners fantasy.

Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danilugosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: vanjaif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How tame is your axie?

Mine does the same I am @axolotlparadise on IG btw. I actually think my axolotls can be a little creepy sometimes, especially when I'm home alone and they all just stair in the same direction. But I love it when they come up to the surface to say hello :)

vanjaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: akiso914 is an unknown quantity at this point

My older lotl always comes up to the glass if she sees me, whether she's hungry or not - she tries to follow me around the room if i leave

akiso914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2017   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: dubs is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure if they're simply driven by hunger, but both of my axies are very curious, and curiosity seems to be innate to the species. At least we humans can form bonds with our axies because they appear to be playful or friendly, and I assume the axolotls gain something from the stimulation.

dubs is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack