The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Interesting video:

This is a discussion on Interesting video: within the Off-Topic forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; Okay so I found this interesting video while surfing the web, and looks like there has finally been one confirmed ...

Off-Topic Many people have requested an area of the forum in which to discuss topics not directly related to the rest of the forum (such as newt and salamander art).

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sith the turtle
  • 2 Post By Chinadog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th September 2016   #1 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 142
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Interesting video:

Okay so I found this interesting video while surfing the web, and looks like there has finally been one confirmed case with solid evidence that the Chinese giant salamander has a color morph. I can't remember where the thread was, but there was a thread a while back showing either albino or Leucistic Chinese giant larvae, could this have been one of them? Also if you want to skip to the part with the actual salamander in question, jump up to 7:09:

Last edited by Sith the turtle; 14th September 2016 at 15:01. Reason: Made the whole text green
Sith the turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: Interesting video:

I've seen either video or a pic of an adult with that coloration. I'll see if I can find it later.
I wish he wouldn't handle it like that and keep squeezing it's neck. That Coconut Crab later in the video should have given him a squeeze with it's claws to see how he likes it!

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 142
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Interesting video:

Yes, I agree, it looked uncomfortable being held that way, as did the Tokay gecko and the Sand boas. After doing a tiny bit of searching, I found the thread I was talking about, and the video to go along with it: Albino Andrias japonicus

Also worth noting, the salamander in the video I believe was the same one in this video, I'm busy as I write this so I can't re-watch both to be sure, but they do look awfully similar, which brings a separate question to mind. One of the videos said it was a Chinese giant, and the other said it was a Japanese giant salamander. Which one is it? The video I found on the thread as well:

Last edited by Sith the turtle; 15th September 2016 at 18:52. Reason: Turned the text green again
Sith the turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chinese, color morph, giant, interesting, salamander

LinkBack