The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Breeding and keeping newts and salamanders

This is a discussion on Breeding and keeping newts and salamanders within the Off-Topic forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk...

Off-Topic Many people have requested an area of the forum in which to discuss topics not directly related to the rest of the forum (such as newt and salamander art).

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dutch guy
  • 1 Post By bellabelloo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th December 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: dutch guy has shown reliable knowledgedutch guy has shown reliable knowledge
Default Breeding and keeping newts and salamanders

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk

dutch guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: dutch guy has shown reliable knowledgedutch guy has shown reliable knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch guy View Post
I like to Make a flashback of this year, for al of us keepers and breeders of newts and salamanders, how did you do this year and what is your wish for next year.
To start with is, this year we lost 2 male's of our T. Shanjing's, the Alpha Male and another Male of the Group. Whe Have sold 55 egg's to the U.S.A and sold 30 juveniles to South Korea.
Next year we onely want to sale egg's.

Old 30th December 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

Oh i forgot We sold 2 juveniles of last year to thr

Old 30th December 2016   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:

The UK and 5 to Schotland

Old 31st December 2016   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Breeding and keeping newts and salamanders

I think the highlight of my year was that my Ambystoma tigrinum chose to breed in their out door enclosure. I sent egg 'blobs' to a number of people, some of which resulted in them seeing their own tiger grow from egg to a terrestrial tiger. I raised some too.
This year I am hoping they breed again, along with my maculatum ( last year I didn't plan to raise any of the eggs). It is looking likely that I will be homebound for a while, so this may well keep me out of getting too bored :)
It would be lovely if my Taricha granulosa would put some effort maybe into laying some eggs this year :). I'm also going to see if I can persuade my opacum to breed again.
Losses this year where a pair of Paramesotriton chinensis, they had been looking promising for breeding this year. I also lost the hybrid axolotl x andersoni . They where in outdoor tubs, despite having over flow holes around the top..a torrential rain storm washed them out. They must have bred though and now I have one lonesome offspring.
My dream this is year is to have some more different Ambystoma species .

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack