The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Eddie and Elektra

This is a discussion on Eddie and Elektra within the Off-Topic forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; I needed to de-stress after cleaning up some flooding in my basement (a lot of rains here in the Northeast) ...

Off-Topic Many people have requested an area of the forum in which to discuss topics not directly related to the rest of the forum (such as newt and salamander art).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2008   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Eddie and Elektra

I needed to de-stress after cleaning up some flooding in my basement (a lot of rains here in the Northeast) (not too serious a mess) and made this picture of my two favorites. It's a hand-made drawing enhanced by computer. I think it came out really nice!
Attached Thumbnails
Eddie and Elektra-e-ecolor1sm.jpg  

Last edited by Otterwoman; 16th February 2008 at 14:06. Reason: spelling!
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: krk11 has given good advice and informationkrk11 has given good advice and informationkrk11 has given good advice and information

Hi Dawn, hope the flooding problem is ok. By the way nice picture, that's a great way to relieve stress. Maybe I should get into art to de-stress!

krk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008   #3 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Put that on a T-Shirt and sell it!

Old 16th February 2008   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

That would make a fantastic print/ postcard...love it!

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Put that on a T-Shirt and sell it!
You can have it for caudata if you really meant it.

And thanks for the compliment, Bella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krk11 View Post
Hi Dawn, hope the flooding problem is ok. By the way nice picture, that's a great way to relieve stress. Maybe I should get into art to de-stress!
Thanks; I caught it happening, worked really really hard really really fast, and stopped it before it caused major damage. I keep my newts in my basment. If I'm not mistaken, some of my Tarichas were watching and were looking a little worried...I was covered with street-grade water. Then I was afraid to shower because I didn't want anything happening again...I'm all clean now, though. Someone's in for an upgraded sump pump...

Old 16th February 2008   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

Here, I fixed it; I was unhappy with my depiction of Eddie's prootic squamosal crest, and added a frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Eddie and Elektra-eddie-elektraframesm.jpg  

Old 16th February 2008   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 0
Rep: MistressOfAxies is an unknown quantity at this point

That's neat Dawn least you got a great skill there. I can't draw to save myself hehe. Goodluck with the floods poor queensland here is getting a bashing.

MistressOfAxies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 6
Comments: 1
Rep: Slimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and information
Thumbs up

It's raining pretty hard here too but your picture sure helped brighten up the day. I'm no good at drawing unfortunately.

Slimy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008   #9 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I realize that I am coming in on this a little late but that is a very nicely done Dawn.
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eddie, elektra

LinkBack