The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Newest Additions in Reptile Form

This is a discussion on Newest Additions in Reptile Form within the Off-Topic forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; Hello Thought you guys might like to look at my newest critters! On the 25th of this November I got ...

Off-Topic Many people have requested an area of the forum in which to discuss topics not directly related to the rest of the forum (such as newt and salamander art).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2008   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: pepper has given good advice and informationpepper has given good advice and informationpepper has given good advice and information
Talking Newest Additions in Reptile Form

Hello

Thought you guys might like to look at my newest critters!

On the 25th of this November I got a baby Leopard Gecko!

A little bit of his tail was missing when I got him/her but it's slowly growing back.
He/she doesn't have a name yet, he is only 3 months old so too young to tell the sex.

Click the image to open in full size.

And on the 30th I got a pretty big male Crested Gecko! Who is the coolest ever!
He doesn't have a name yet either, I'm trying to think of one....

pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11
Default Re: Newest Additions in Reptile Form

Awesome looking geckos. Which morph is the leopard? I have 2 of them myself (standard) and yours looks a lot lighter than mine did at that age. Oh you could always name it nubs but then again when his tail regrew that name wouldn't exactly fit.

Old 3rd December 2008   #3 (permalink)
Jan
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: Jan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Nice looking animals - the coloration of the leopard is beautiful.
On the crested - I notice his toes on the right hind foot appear damaged. Is this from an aggressive tank mate or maybe incomplete shed?

Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: pepper has given good advice and informationpepper has given good advice and informationpepper has given good advice and information

umm, I think it might just be the picture, his toes look fine, but I'll check later, and maybe snap a picture of them to double check. Oh I think you might be seeing the way their toes stand up when they aren't gripping something, I thought they were hurt too, it looked a little weird, but when he's gripping something they flatten down, but when he's just standing on a flat surface all of his toes do that.

And I'm quite new at Leo's so I'm not sure what morph he is, but I'll figure it out for you :)

Old 3rd December 2008   #5 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

I love how cresteds wiggle their butt before leaping. It's so cat-like. Adorable.

Leopards and I, however, we have a long, bloody history (mainly my blood). "Best pet ever" my foot!

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

Yeah, I think I'm liking the Crested a little more, he is really nice and fun to handle.

The baby Leo is a little more skittish, but I'm hoping he will grow out of it.

Old 29th January 2009   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 8
Rep: bob2143 has posted a lot of bad advice/info, or has repeatedly behaved in an unacceptable manner

Their beautiful, don't have one myself but wouldn't mind one.

bob2143 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
additions, form, newest, reptile

LinkBack