The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Favorite pet you ever had

This is a discussion on Favorite pet you ever had within the Off-Topic forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; I thought it might be interesting to see what kind of weird, rare, or strange looking pets people on here ...

Off-Topic Many people have requested an area of the forum in which to discuss topics not directly related to the rest of the forum (such as newt and salamander art).

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Opacum
  • 1 Post By Molch
  • 1 Post By Niels D
  • 3 Post By ummi
  • 3 Post By Azhael
  • 2 Post By xxianxx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2011   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: olivia newt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Favorite pet you ever had

I thought it might be interesting to see what kind of weird, rare, or strange looking pets people on here have kept before. Or just your favorite pet of any kind.

It does not have to be a caudate! What's your favorite?

olivia newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: peter5930 has given consistently excellent advice and informationpeter5930 has given consistently excellent advice and informationpeter5930 has given consistently excellent advice and informationpeter5930 has given consistently excellent advice and informationpeter5930 has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: Favorite pet you ever had

Nothing can compare to the bearded collie I had growing up, and the cocker spaniel I have now.

peter5930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Opacum has shown reliable knowledgeOpacum has shown reliable knowledge

LOL! Easily the dog that is in my lap right now... an Italian Greyhound.

Opacum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: kiathepooch has shown reliable knowledge

My mutt,most definitely!

Sent,using the power of my mind.....

Old 14th December 2011   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: DeCypher has shown reliable knowledge

Probably my iguana, which I presently have. I still can't find a name for him/her.

DeCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: esn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgesn is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Probably the turtle dove that I had for a few years. I got it at age 5, when we went into a pet store to get my great grandmother a bird to keep her company, and one of the employees walked in saying a nest had hit his car and only one was alive. They gave us the bird for free and we bought some formula, as it didn't even have feathers yet. Just a hatchling. My great grandmother and I raised it, and we left the door of its bird cage open. When we came into the room, it would fly across to land on our shoulders. I loved that bird!

esn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 7
Rep: Molch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgMolch is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

My sweet wild Ginger, aka The Pudden, and my new dog, friend Smoke, who I adopted last year :)

our commute home from where we park the car

The Pudden loves to do tricks

Skijoring in the hills around our house is our favorite thing

Last edited by Molch; 14th December 2011 at 22:15.
Molch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011   #8 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Rep: Niels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

My big collection of different kinds of Blue tongued skinks. Allas I became allergic to reptiles, especially when they shed. I love bluey's.

P.r.schrenckii/L.laoensis/P.deloustali/P.chinensis/P.guangxiensis/Paramesotriton sp (Roter Warzenmolch)/S.lacertina/Triturus macedonicus/T.dobrogicus macrosoma/T. karelinii/C.e.popei/N.viridescens/P.waltl/C.orientalis
Niels D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011   #9 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

Molch, you and the Pudden are lucky to have found each other! She looks like she fits in with the landscape just as well as ol' Smoke does.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: ummi is a mainstay of Caudata.orgummi is a mainstay of Caudata.orgummi is a mainstay of Caudata.orgummi is a mainstay of Caudata.orgummi is a mainstay of Caudata.orgummi is a mainstay of Caudata.orgummi is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default AW: Re: Favorite pet you ever had

that would be a beautiful salamander, but it is our cheekier tomcat "Moritz"
Attached Thumbnails
Favorite pet you ever had-moritz.jpg  

ummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011   #11 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

My favourite pet was a rat, and im not ashamed of it.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: ChasingSanity is an unknown quantity at this point

my current dog is my Heart Dog, my soul mate. In a house full of animals, she's my best :)

ChasingSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 3
Rep: Traxolotl has given good advice and informationTraxolotl has given good advice and information

My favorite pet is my axolotl. They are AWESOME

Traxolotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

I think one of my favourites was some Degu we had. They used to have the nicest chirp

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011   #15 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 6
Rep: Blaze has shown reliable knowledgeBlaze has shown reliable knowledge

Probably my beautiful horse Victor. I have his brand tattoo'd on my side. Most amazing animal in the world.

Old 19th December 2011   #16 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: vagus has given good advice and informationvagus has given good advice and information

Hard to call favorites. However, from my youth these two still tug my heartstrings thinking about:

I grew up with a Pomeranian named Einstein. He thought he was a person it seemed. Lived to be 18. We were his pack and he was feircely loyal. Didn't mind worth squat, but was the sweetest and friendliest dog I ever knew.

We "had" a crow named Kogee. He had been brought to us with a broken wing. He had a distinctive notch on his beak that looked like on old injury. We mended the wing and let him go, but he stayed near the house. When we sat on the porch, he would fly down and sit with us. He flew off one day, and just when we thought he was gone, he shows up with a murder of about 15 other crows. For the next 4 years we had that murder living in our backyard. I miss that little family.

Old 19th December 2011   #17 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

My cat Bruno was my favorite pet, he was a chocolate burmese, very intelligent and extraordinarily friendly to humans but a raving psychopath to ever other living thing on the planet. I used to have to check my bed before I went to sleep because he used to leave disemboweled squirrels, rats, mice and birds there as a present. He never took the hint that they wernt appreciated. Still miss him now.

xxianxx is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack