The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Book recommendations?

This is a discussion on Book recommendations? within the Book Reviews forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; Hello, I have seen a few reviews on this forum regarding books about caudates, and I was wondering if you ...

Book Reviews Post information about books and articles you have read.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: calinewt has started on the right path
Default Book recommendations?

Hello, I have seen a few reviews on this forum regarding books about caudates, and I was wondering if you all could give me an idea of what the best (or at least most informative) books are that are available to be purchased. I am trying to learn as much as possible, and while this website is one of the best resources, I would love to learn more!
Thanks!

calinewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Book recommendations?

It depends in how much depth you want to go. If you want general, get the book by Indiviglio. If you're really into it, get Petranka. Read the reviews on them so you know what to expect. If you field herp, the Petersen guides are indispensible, though I also love my Audubon books. If you read through the reviews, you'll get an idea of which ones people love, by the comments people make after the reviews, and by the reviews themselves.

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11
Default Re: Book recommendations?

Swear by Petranka, I do. Got a few used copies very cheap, so I keep one next to the throne and another on my nightstand.

SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, recommendations

LinkBack