The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

little green squares

This is a discussion on little green squares within the Forum Questions (technical, not newts!) forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; What do those little green squares at the bottom of posts mean? I think I'm being a little dense at ...

Forum Questions (technical, not newts!) Questions about how to use the Forum and technical issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2007   #1 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default little green squares

What do those little green squares at the bottom of posts mean? I think I'm being a little dense at catching on to some of the features of the new format.
michael is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

Those are your 'reputation', or how well other members think you respond. I think they're arbitrary.
Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007   #3 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: tashie7161 has given consistently good advice and informationtashie7161 has given consistently good advice and informationtashie7161 has given consistently good advice and informationtashie7161 has given consistently good advice and information

Cheers Kaysie, i also wondered what they were for :P
Old 28th June 2007   #4 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 3
Rep: Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11

I think all members can click on the "balance" or "scales" button to add more to your reputation also. So if you see someone giving really good advice consistantly you can click on the that scales button to give them a higher reputation. Or maybe John has changed that feature, I'm not sure.

Last edited by John; 28th June 2007 at 15:48.
Abrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007   #5 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

John hasn't changed that feature. In fact, John sometimes thinks he's the only one clicking the scales button...
Old 28th June 2007   #6 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11

For all the users who are not sure, here is a helpful guide to the common buttons/images in a post:

Click the image to open in full size. You will see this image in the user bar on the left if the user is not online currently.

Click the image to open in full size. This is the button you will see when the user is online.

Click the image to open in full size. If you see people making great posts and giving good information click on this to give them more reputation so they stand out as knowledgeable and trustworthy.

Click the image to open in full size. If a post violates the forum rules or is somehow questionable click on this button inside that post to bring it to the attention of the moderators and administrators.

Click the image to open in full size. This icon represents your reputation. The bigger it is the more people find you and your advice useful.

Click the image to open in full size. If you want to quote multiple people in your posts click on this button in each post that you are interested in quoting then hit Click the image to open in full size. at the bottom of the page to start a new post that has all the quotes posts in it for you.

Last edited by Abrahm; 27th July 2007 at 15:16. Reason: Added useful content
Old 28th June 2007   #7 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Why should John do it when you just did?
Old 28th June 2007   #8 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

Since I did it, can we now speak in the first person with personal pronouns and whatnot?
Old 28th June 2007   #9 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

I'll ask John and let you know.
Old 12th April 2009   #10 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11
Default Re: little green squares

In celebration of Easter, this topic will now return to life!

Little question about the little green guys - do the dark and light green colors carry a secret message or do they just make it easier to count the pips?

Thanks,

-Eva

Albert Einstein
blueberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009   #11 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Kerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Is there anyone out there who can answer this question? I would like to know too! Also is there a place where it's possible to see how many points you need to get a new square?
Kerry1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

Does point 6 above help

If you click on user CP it lists why you got the rep.
bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009   #13 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Kerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Thanks Julia, but I knew how to find the rep point page, but wondered how many points it takes to jump from say 2 to 3 blocks, also what the bright green ones mean.
Any ideas?
Old 22nd April 2009   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

After a brief discussion , it looks like the pips may increase with every 150 points you receive...( she's much cleverer than me!!)
bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009   #15 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11

Red is negative rep. (less than zero rep points, I believe)
Grey is neutral rep. (zero rep points I believe)
Dark Green is positive rep from +1 to X points (I suspect X is 500 but I am unsure)
Bright Green is highly positive rep (501 points and higher)

Black is the color of...Maxed Rep?....Caudate God?...Founder?...He Who speaks in the Third person?
SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009   #16 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Thank you I am now enlightened!
Old 22nd April 2009   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 12
Rep: Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgeMunkey View Post
Red is negative rep. (less than zero rep points, I believe)
Grey is neutral rep. (zero rep points I believe)
Dark Green is positive rep from +1 to X points (I suspect X is 500 but I am unsure)
Bright Green is highly positive rep (501 points and higher)

Black is the color of...Maxed Rep?....Caudate God?...Founder?...He Who speaks in the Third person?
By my calculations, but I may be wrong:

Dark green is positive rep from 1 - 750 points.
Bright green is 751 + points.

One green blip = 1 - 150
Two green blips = 151 - 300
Three green blips = 301 - 450
Four green blips = 451 - 600
Five green blips = 601 - 750
Six green blips = 751 - 900

And so on...

Useful links: Forum Rules | Axolotl Caresheets | Axolotl Sanctuary | Axolotl FAQ| Water Quality FAQ | Caudata Culture Articles

Last edited by Jacquie; 22nd April 2009 at 12:31. Reason: Fixed my odds and evens...
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009   #18 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11

I suspect if we apply a Bayesian prior distribution theorem to this, we can confuse ourselves even more!

Seriouslt though, I think Jacq has nailed the numbers on the head, I tend to estimate out of sheer hillbilliness.
SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009   #19 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Sorry to trash your theory Jacq, but I've got 3 squares and only 267 points!
Old 22nd April 2009   #20 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Your numbers are all wrong I'm afraid. I could tell you what they really are but in all honesty I think you should stop worrying about that aspect of it, especially since I have been known to change the scale and the number of points on the reputation system and may do so again in the future.

Tags
green, squares