The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Trouble logging in

This is a discussion on Trouble logging in within the Forum Questions (technical, not newts!) forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; Iv'e logged in to my username and password and my log in name appears at the top right of the ...

Forum Questions (technical, not newts!) Questions about how to use the Forum and technical issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2010   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: warrior has shown reliable knowledge
Default Trouble logging in

Iv'e logged in to my username and password and my log in name appears at the top right of the page,but when I go to the forum or other places I am logged off.Why is this?I don't want to keep logging in on every page I go to.How do I fix this or can John Clare fix this?Everytime I visit this page before last week I was automaticly logged in without any trouble.I've restored my password also.Thanks and please help.

warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Trouble logging in

Is there a box something like 'keep me logged in'? Did you mark that box?

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010   #3 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I used to stay logged in everytime I visited the forum. Now I have to log in everytime I visit the forum. I do stay logged in wherever I navigate on the forum for that session.

michael is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Kerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I have the same problem Michael, I thought it was something I had done! It's very annoying to keep having to log in.

Kerry1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010   #5 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Rep: Alejandro has given consistently good advice and informationAlejandro has given consistently good advice and informationAlejandro has given consistently good advice and information

I am having the same problem as Michael and Kerry.

Alejandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: tony has given good advice and informationtony has given good advice and information

I have the same problem get it fixed john please getting old now got a bad memory.

tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010   #7 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

This is a known problem with cookies (the thing that helps your computer to keep you logged in). The problem is on your end. You need to delete our cookie and then log in (don't forget the "Remember" box) and you will be set. To delete the cookie will depend on what browser you have but it is usually an option in privacy or security from the browser's menu.

I use mac firefox and to delete just the caudata.org cookie I go to the "preferences" menu, then "privacy", then "remove individual cookie", then find "caudata.org" on the list and click "Remove Cookie". Then log in like I said earlier and your problem will be fixed.

Old 11th January 2010   #8 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Kerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgKerry1968 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Thank you John. I've never done anything with 'cookies' before (except eat them!) but I did as you said and I'm now logged in permenantly again, if I can do it anyone can!

Kerry1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010   #9 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

when I search cookies I think their are about 20 cookies for caudata.org They say things like
caudata.org bblastactivity
caudata.org bblastvisit
caudata.org bbuserid

Do I delete all of them? I'm kind of lost.

michael is online now   Reply With Quote

LinkBack