The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Site Suggestion: Buyer/Seller Score/Feedback

This is a discussion on Site Suggestion: Buyer/Seller Score/Feedback within the Forum Questions (technical, not newts!) forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; Something that would be relatively simple to implement would be a buyer/seller score. Just a simple number stored in the ...

Forum Questions (technical, not newts!) Questions about how to use the Forum and technical issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2010   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Case is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Site Suggestion: Buyer/Seller Score/Feedback

Something that would be relatively simple to implement would be a buyer/seller score. Just a simple number stored in the User data. So if a person has either bought or sold an item on site they would gain reputation points. To allow others to know its safe (or safer them most) to deal with them.

This idea would seem to fit the overall feel of the site. The site is somewhat restrictive in nature to prevent the bad, but it would go one step further to promote the good.

If something likes this already exists, please forgive my ignorance.

Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Dreamtheory is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Site Suggestion: Buyer/Seller Score/Feedback

did you ever find out the answer to your question?

no post left behind!

Old 11th June 2010   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11
Default Re: Site Suggestion: Buyer/Seller Score/Feedback

Thank you for the suggestion, Case. Sorry it was overlooked.

I'm not the software guru, but I suspect that there probably isn't a function like that built into the forum software we use, so it would be difficult to implement. What we do offer is a Testimonials section:
Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders - Testimonials at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal
It's not as well organized as a feedback system, but it does give people the chance to recommend sellers that have done a good job.

LinkBack