The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Can I put up an avatar?

This is a discussion on Can I put up an avatar? within the Forum Questions (technical, not newts!) forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; Hi, I'm all new and confused about avatars. Technically I can make myself an avatar uploading an image from my ...

Forum Questions (technical, not newts!) Questions about how to use the Forum and technical issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Vakuoli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I put up an avatar?

Hi, I'm all new and confused about avatars. Technically I can make myself an avatar uploading an image from my computer. I just did and then took it down. However, the avatar form says "Note: Only users with Donor, Site Contributor or higher status may upload their own custom avatars."

This might be a stupid question but does that note mean that even though I can give myself an avatar I'm not allowed to? It's just confusing as on other forums features that are restricted to status are not available to newbies before they reach said status.

Vakuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11
Default Re: Can I put up an avatar?

If the software is letting you put in an avatar, go ahead and keep it. I suspect that the wording on the avatar form is out-of-date.

LinkBack