The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Live Chat

This is a discussion on Live Chat within the Forum Questions (technical, not newts!) forums, part of the General Discussion & News from Members category; So the live chat things in the bottom right corner of the screen was annoying me so I pressed the ...

Forum Questions (technical, not newts!) Questions about how to use the Forum and technical issues.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By bellabelloo
  • 1 Post By ThoseNewtsTho
  • 1 Post By jAfFa CaKe
  • 3 Post By Otterwoman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2014   #1 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 4
Rep: jAfFa CaKe has given good advice and informationjAfFa CaKe has given good advice and information
Default Live Chat

So the live chat things in the bottom right corner of the screen was annoying me so I pressed the "X" button, at first it was relief but now I would like to have it back, anyone know how I do this...?

jAfFa CaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014   #2 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Unhappy Re: Live Chat

Usually its in the left hand corner and it says "more chats?" and you click on it and it bring up the chats for you to choose which one you want back.

But I am having a different problem. I haven't closed chat in a long time, not since a month ago or so, but now I don't see it at all. All I see is the one in the right bottom corner that says how many people are at chat. But it is a unusually small amount of people too, could that be part of it? I don't see "in the pond" or "amphibia on topic" or "all topics". They are all missing.

Weird and frustrating......

Old 8th February 2014   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Live Chat

I don't see the chat at all today, normally there it is in my bottom right hand corner and you can log in there. I suspect there is a problem with it ... it is a tad temprental.

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014   #4 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Rep: jAfFa CaKe has given good advice and informationjAfFa CaKe has given good advice and information

Okay, Thanks for your help anyway!

Old 2nd November 2014   #5 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: ThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and information

So is chat like not a thing anymore? Another option is to make an Xat chat room, I've seen those used for other forum and some blogs in the past.

Old 2nd November 2014   #6 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:

I miss chat! PMing takes ages unless both users are on at the same time. I'd really like chat back!

Old 12th December 2014   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: mr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

What's happened to chat?

mr cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: UglytheAxolotl is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved the chat, why did it have to die?

UglytheAxolotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014   #9 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr cyclone View Post
What's happened to chat?
That is what we are trying to figure out. I have mostly adjusted to using PM though, but it is kind of hard to keep up with everybody. Plus like Jake previously stated, it is a lot slower.

Old 13th December 2014   #10 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 7
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Just use facebook. Caudata.org is there too.

Old 14th December 2014   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

I alerted John to the loss of chat. He looked into it and discovered that the company running that chat has folded. He's going to have to see if he can find a replacement but it's not something he can do in the next couple of days. Maybe later this week or before Christmas. Sorry about this.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014   #12 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:

That's good, thank you for finding out :)

Old 6th December 2015   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: newt newbie has started on the right path

and still no chat, wonder if it will ever be back i hope so :/

newt newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2016   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Sufia is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed that there is the option to enter a chat, but it never seems to be running. Is it because no one is online the time I log on?

Chat would definitely be easier to converse with more knowledgeable members rather than sifting through pages of threads to find a topic that is related to the question at hand. Also, I suspect it would become arduous (and possibly annoying) having to answer the same cycle (pardon the pun) of questions.

Sufia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2016   #15 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: AxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and information

Chat is no longer a feature of the website

Old 16th February 2017   #16 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 18
Comments: 8
Rep: ben_tajer has shown reliable knowledge
Unhappy Re: Live Chat

Man, what a sadness, first time on in a long time, was looking forward to it. Still remember the dark background, the brightly colored text, the overly zealous college age moderators who ruined any conversations they were a part of, and everybody else who made it worth the trouble anyway.

ben_tajer is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack