The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Best way to feed baby axolotls daphnia?

This is a discussion on Best way to feed baby axolotls daphnia? within the Daphnia, Moina, brine shrimp, etc forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; Hi everyone! What are people's experiences with feeding baby axolotls daphnia? I've seen that some people just buy live daphnia ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dyelon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mayan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Best way to feed baby axolotls daphnia?

Hi everyone!

What are people's experiences with feeding baby axolotls daphnia?
I've seen that some people just buy live daphnia every week and chuck them into the tank (or syringe them in) and some people culture daphnia. I just wanted to hear people's experiences and what people have found easiest

I'd appreciate any advice or tips people can give me

mayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Dyelon has started on the right path
Default Re: Best way to feed baby axolotls daphnia?

Hello,

Personally a continuous source of daphnia is not available to me for purchase so it makes a lot more sense to culture them on my own. But I would probably choose to do this even if I did have a readily available source.

Culturing daphnia for me is nearly equally as fun and rewarding as raising the salamanders, it's also really easy once you get the hang of it.

Dyelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: AxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and information
Default Re: Best way to feed baby axolotls daphnia?

I bought weekly for awhile but then used what I bought to make my own culture, then just syringe them into the larvae tank/container.

http://www.caudata.org/forum/members...arvae-feeding/

Tags
baby axolotls, daphnia

LinkBack