The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Keeping Brine shrimp alive

This is a discussion on Keeping Brine shrimp alive within the Daphnia, Moina, brine shrimp, etc forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; I use a 5 gallon aquarium with hood and light and airline tubing with pump for air bubbles. I dumped ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th December 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: MarkD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Keeping Brine shrimp alive

I use a 5 gallon aquarium with hood and light and airline tubing with pump for air bubbles. I dumped the freshly hatched shrimp in the 5 gallon aquarium and they don't seem to live past 24 hours. I feed them a drop of selcon everyday???

MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: sinomoyyhi89 has started on the right path
Default Re: Keeping Brine shrimp alive

I've heard some people keep freshly hatched brine shrimp alive in the refrigerator. I have never tried it though. I personally just stagger start cultures so I have brine shrimp hatching out everyday.

sinomoyyhi89 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack