The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Feeding blood worms to dwarf siren

This is a discussion on Feeding blood worms to dwarf siren within the Aquatic Insect Larvae (like Bloodworms) forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; My recently acquired dwarf siren is very shy and only comes out from hiding in the sand when I turn ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Springlizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feeding blood worms to dwarf siren

My recently acquired dwarf siren is very shy and only comes out from hiding in the sand when I turn the light off. is there any way I can tel if its actually eating the blood worms I put in?

Also whats the best way to remove them from the tank? I've been trying to use a net but Im not able to get all of them with it

Springlizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016   #2 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 25
Comments: 0
Rep: jewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Feeding blood worms to dwarf siren

You could try a feeding jar: I wanna see your feeding jars!

Keep in mind I have never cared for Siren and don't know how well the jars work with this genus.

As far as removing uneaten blood worms, a good old fashion turkey baster works very well! Just make sure you only use it for caudate stuff

HJ

"Anyone who is disturbed by the idea of newts in a nightclub is potentially dangerous." Frank Zappa
jewett is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack