The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Glass worms

This is a discussion on Glass worms within the Aquatic Insect Larvae (like Bloodworms) forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; I got some bags of daphnia and all 3 had some strange looking bugs in there. I was worried that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: AngieD has given good advice and informationAngieD has given good advice and information
Default Glass worms

I got some bags of daphnia and all 3 had some strange looking bugs in there. I was worried that they might be dragonfly larvae so I fished them all out and put them in a separate container. After some research, it looks likely that they are glass worms.

Now the question is - what to do with them?

Is it safe (and healthy) to feed them to paddle-tail newts? They are far too big to feed to the fire belly larva, as he is currently on daphnia and really tiny bloodworms.

Old 13th December 2011   #2 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11
Default Re: Glass worms

They make a fine snack.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: AngieD has given good advice and informationAngieD has given good advice and information
Default Re: Glass worms

Thanks Kaysie! I'll try putting some in with Imi and Rissi and see how they react to them :)

LinkBack