The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

My bloodworm managed to turn into midges. Now what?

This is a discussion on My bloodworm managed to turn into midges. Now what? within the Aquatic Insect Larvae (like Bloodworms) forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; I never want to buy bloodworm AGAIN! I've been buying these little bags from a local store with live bloodworm ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th July 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Cocoapanda10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My bloodworm managed to turn into midges. Now what?

I never want to buy bloodworm AGAIN! I've been buying these little bags from a local store with live bloodworm and some manage to pupate. But I have a froglet with a broken leg that I need to feed bloodworm so they're in a tub with no lid on. And now I have a midge right above my bed. I know they don't bite but I don't want them landing on me in my sleep D:

How do I get rid of them? It's disgusting!

Old 24th July 2012   #2 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: My bloodworm managed to turn into midges. Now what?

You can cover the tank with cloth or a stocking.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Davo has given consistently good advice and informationDavo has given consistently good advice and informationDavo has given consistently good advice and information

Open your window and it should fly out, this time of year there are lots of midges about, they won't hurt you, try and forget about it and it will go as fast as it arrived.

Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Sorry but I had to laugh, I had a similar problem with mosquito larvae, which incidentally I am now banned from feeding to baby Xenopus by my wife who is allergic to them.

Old 18th August 2012   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Cocoapanda10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wrong, I WISH they were chironoids D: Turns out they're mosquitos that managed to get in the house and hide in my tank until I started to feed my baby axolotls. I heard them flying and then I knew what they were. I'

LinkBack