The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Are Live Bloodworms Safe?

This is a discussion on Are Live Bloodworms Safe? within the Aquatic Insect Larvae (like Bloodworms) forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; A few of my local pet stores sell live bloodwors, but the water they keep them in in always cloudy ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Mcarril is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are Live Bloodworms Safe?

A few of my local pet stores sell live bloodwors, but the water they keep them in in always cloudy and sometimes there are flukes mixed in with them. Should I avoid feeding these to my African Dwarf Frogs?

Mcarril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Bethany29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are Live Bloodworms Safe?

I've heard of issues where the bloodworms have injected something that kills whatever they are fed to. I fed them to my newts for a while and had no problems other then them escaping and breeding in the tank. I prefer frozen

Bethany29 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack