The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Awsome White worm food!

This is a discussion on Awsome White worm food! within the White and Grindal worms (Enchytraea) forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; I have had whiteworms for about 2-4 months now probably and have been using wheat bread for food. Well a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By caudatadude28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th June 2009   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 14
Comments: 21
Rep: caudatadude28 has given good advice and informationcaudatadude28 has given good advice and informationcaudatadude28 has given good advice and information
Default Awsome White worm food!

I have had whiteworms for about 2-4 months now probably and have been using wheat bread for food. Well a couple days ago I tried some Mazuri Tortoise Diet for my whiteworms. They are cubes about 1/2 inch long. The whiteworm population is growing better and faster. I think it is because in the wild they eat organic material and these pellets are made from soybeans, ground corn, alphalpha, and many plants which is a more natural food for whiteworms. I also think they will be more nutritious for my baby newts. I just moisten them first.
Here are some percents:
Crude protein, min...15%
Crude fan, min...3%
Crude fiber,max...18%
Calcium,min...0.95%
Calcium,max...1.45%
Phosphorus,min...0.6%

caudatadude28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 14
Comments: 21
Rep: caudatadude28 has given good advice and informationcaudatadude28 has given good advice and informationcaudatadude28 has given good advice and information
Default Re: Awsome White worm food!

I now soak them in water with Zoo Med's Reptivite multi vitamin powder in it. My white worm cultures have multiplied six times thier size in a couple of days!

caudatadude28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awsome, food, white, worm

LinkBack