The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Hiding crickets

This is a discussion on Hiding crickets within the Crickets, Locusts, Roaches forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; I put 4 crickets in the tank with my spotted salamander. The salamander has buried himself. Now the crickets are ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2005   #1 (permalink)
blance

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I put 4 crickets in the tank with my spotted salamander. The salamander has buried himself. Now the crickets are nowhere in sight. How do I know if the salamander has eaten the crickets, or if the crickets are still in there somewhere? The material is bark.
Old 1st July 2005   #2 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

In my opinion, if you remove all the ground clutter and they aren't there and there was little chance the crickets could have escaped, then they're being digested.
Old 1st March 2006   #3 (permalink)
stewart

Gallery Images:
Comments:

When it is dark listen for the chirping of the crickes. (this will only work if the crickets you put in where male).

Tags
crickets, hiding

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 23rd June 2014, 00:17 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.