The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

newly emerged sallys

This is a discussion on newly emerged sallys within the Live Food General Discussion forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; So I've been feeding my A. maculatum larvae chopped earthworm & they've been eating well. I have a few that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2007   #1 (permalink)
SC

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: SC has started on the right path
Default newly emerged sallys

So I've been feeding my A. maculatum larvae chopped earthworm & they've been eating well. I have a few that have recentley emerged- is this still the best food choice for now? They haven't been eating- but I know this is a sensitive life phase & that anuran metamorphs won't eat at this stage untill older- does this sound right to assume for the sallys? (Right now they're spending all of their time resting in java moss)

SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007   #2 (permalink)
Jan
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC View Post
So I've been feeding my A. maculatum larvae chopped earthworm & they've been eating well. I have a few that have recentley emerged- is this still the best food choice for now? They haven't been eating- but I know this is a sensitive life phase & that anuran metamorphs won't eat at this stage untill older- does this sound right to assume for the sallys? (Right now they're spending all of their time resting in java moss)
This should answer your question - see the section on care during metamorphosis:

http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Am...tigrinum.shtml

Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

Chopped earthworms are still a great food option. They may take a few days to a few weeks to start accepting food again.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emerged, newly, sallys

LinkBack