The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Veronicella sloanei, "pancake slug."

This is a discussion on Veronicella sloanei, "pancake slug." within the Live Food General Discussion forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; Hi. I wonder if this is good food to offer my Tiger salamanders? Veronicella sloanei, "pankake slug" , i have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th January 2010   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 7
Rep: grius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Veronicella sloanei, "pancake slug."

Hi.

I wonder if this is good food to offer my Tiger salamanders?Veronicella sloanei, "pankake slug", i have a friend who breed this species and because my tigers dont like the worms i buy from sport fish shops i thought this might be a good idea instedd. I shall also try to get my hands on earthworms and see it that workes for them.

Regards
Tomas

grius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: grius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Veronicella sloanei, "pankake slug.

No one? i have tried to find info but nothing gives me an answer.

Old 15th January 2010   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Default Re: Veronicella sloanei, "pancake slug."

I belive one one use this species as food then

Old 15th January 2010   #4 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Being a caudate forum, itīs no surprise that noone appears to have knowledge about that species of tropical slug.
No one can risk saying "yes, go ahead, use them" without knowing if the species is toxic in anyway.
Maybe your friend knows. If they arenīt toxic, then home-cultured slugs are a great fodder.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhael View Post
Being a caudate forum, itīs no surprise that noone appears to have knowledge about that species of tropical slug.
No one can risk saying "yes, go ahead, use them" without knowing if the species is toxic in anyway.
Maybe your friend knows. If they arenīt toxic, then home-cultured slugs are a great fodder.
I hade other thoughts about that hehe, of curse no one can say something if they dont know about the species. Unfortunally he dont have clue, but i will try to find a answer, . otherwise i will try to find banana slug and breed.

Thanks for you answer.

Regards.

Old 15th January 2010   #6 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

If they are easy to culture and prolific, it may be worth trying to find a forum that discusses invertebrates and see what the experts in the area know (yes, there are slug experts xD).

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

That was not a bad idea! i shall do that

Thanks.

LinkBack