The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Feeder Fish

This is a discussion on Feeder Fish within the Live Food General Discussion forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; I am wanting to start a feeder fish tank comprised of guppies for Starla (tiger salamander) and soon the four ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2010   #1 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: NewGuy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feeder Fish

I am wanting to start a feeder fish tank comprised of guppies for Starla (tiger salamander) and soon the four golden Axie I have will be able to eat them to. I want them to have something other then pellets and worms that they can eat whenever they want a snack and to make the tank have a little more life in it. I have a 55 gallon tank so once I can put them all together it will be active but I think the feeder fish would be an awesome addition also. All I can find are the male fancy guppies though, is this the type I should feed them? I just dont want to stick the wrong thing in there and have a bad result. I have other fish that will eat guppies also so that is what lead me to wanting and partly needing to start breeding them, I just want to make sure its the right thing.

NewGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010   #2 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: Feeder Fish

Your only choices as far as guppies go are the Fancy Guppy and Endler's Guppy/Livebearer. Both are equally good for this purpose.

John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: DavidF has given good advice and informationDavidF has given good advice and information

I'm going to give red cherry shrimp a go for my two golden axies - Honk and Swishy. There are a few threads on this forum that say the RCS are ok. I found a website - google planetinvert - that has heaps of info. I've got a 2nd tank now filled with H2O and going to start the cycling process ready to accept some RCS in a month.

Good luck with your guppies and post some stories on the forum as to how it all goes.

Rgs
Dave

DavidF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 6
Rep: FredMack is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck with feeders i cant even get my axolotls to chase down one.

FredMack is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack