The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Nutrition questions

This is a discussion on Nutrition questions within the Live Food General Discussion forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; I have been slacking off lately, and I have been feeding my N. Viridescens only frozen bloodworm cubes for the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th January 2011   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: DeCypher has shown reliable knowledge
Question Nutrition questions

I have been slacking off lately, and I have been feeding my N. Viridescens only frozen bloodworm cubes for the past couple weeks. I learned today that these are low in calcium. What is a good calcium source? Is there anything else they would like?

~ They do not take well to tweezer feeding, it freaks them out. Also, they don't really like earthworms as much as they used to.

DeCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: stanleyc has given good advice and informationstanleyc has given good advice and information
Default Re: Nutrition questions

I believe daphnia, scuds, and other crustaceans would be good sources of calcium. Although daphnia, being so small would not be a good idea to feed to your notos exclusively. I know they would be a great addition to the bloodworms though. Larger scuds would seem to be a more substantial food source.

stanleyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11
Default Re: Nutrition questions

Try blackworms, the small, aquatic cousin of the earthworm!

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack