The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Local bait stores deprive my princess of her food!

This is a discussion on Local bait stores deprive my princess of her food! within the Live Food General Discussion forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; Local bait stores have always carried a variety of worms and wax worms, since fishing doesn't stop for winter. Ice ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 0
Rep: nwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Local bait stores deprive my princess of her food!

Local bait stores have always carried a variety of worms and wax worms, since fishing doesn't stop for winter. Ice fishing is big business, and I've always been able to head on over to any of these stores and pick tasty treats for my critters. But not anymore! How dare they! So now I have to order some from Timberline Fisheries.

Timberline was fantastic to me last winter when I had to foster a bearded dragon for a few months. I ordered crickets for him, but the bitter cold killed them in shipping. The problem was down to the post office, whom I (and Timberline) had given strict instructions to either deliver the crickets to my home directly or keep them at the post office so I could pick them up. Twice they left them in the mailbox (which is a 400 foot walk from my home) in -20F temps. The beardie did not like cricketsicles. I was fortunate that he ate the Drosophila hydei that I had plenty of. Timberline sent me a couple of replacements with little charge, but sadly the post office did not cooperate. The postal service refunded me my money, but I didn't get to order again.

So now my complaint turned into a company recommendation. Weird! Well, Skaddi the Salamander is pretty chubby so she'll have to make do with wax worms until crawlers arrive.

nwmnnaturalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011   #2 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11
Default Re: Local bait stores deprive my princess of her food!

I've used walmart bait worms successfully for years.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 0
Rep: nwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Local bait stores deprive my princess of her food!

As much as Wal-Mart makes my brain start to leak out of my ears, I may have to do so for now. I want to adopt all the little fishies in the pet section and give them a proper home, rather than end up in the garbage in view of everyone. >>

nwmnnaturalist is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack