The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Earwig Collection, Care, Use

This is a discussion on Earwig Collection, Care, Use within the Live Food General Discussion forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; Hi All, Throughout my long career as a zookeeper and pet keeper, I have used wild caught insects to improve ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2013   #1 (permalink)
Herpetologist & Author

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)findi has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Earwig Collection, Care, Use

Hi All,
Throughout my long career as a zookeeper and pet keeper, I have used wild caught insects to improve the diets of the amphibians, reptiles, fishes, invertebrates and birds under my care. While some cautions apply, the benefits conferred by the nutritional value of such foods far outweigh the risks involved. I have covered the collection and care of sow bugs, sap beetles, leaf litter invertebrates and many others in the articles linked below. Today Iíll discuss earwigs Ė common, hardy, and largely-ignored insects that have great potential as pet food. They are also extremely interesting in their own right, with females caring for their eggs and actually carrying food to the young!Read the rest of this article here Earwigs as an Alternative Food for Pet Reptiles and Amphibians

Please also check out my posts on Twitter http://bitly.com/JP27Nj and Facebook http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

My Bio, with photos of animals Iíve been lucky enough to work with: That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog

Best Regards, Frank Indiviglio

findi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
earwigs

LinkBack