The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

breeding frogs for tadpoles?

This is a discussion on breeding frogs for tadpoles? within the Fish/Fish-related, as Live or Frozen Food forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; Question: Could i catch wild tad poles at my pond (live on a farm so its safe) and feed to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2009   #21 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 4
Rep: Greg31 has started on the right path
Default Re: breeding frogs for tadpoles?

Question: Could i catch wild tad poles at my pond (live on a farm so its safe) and feed to my axie?

Greg31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009   #22 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

If you definitely want to give internal parasites to your axolotl, go ahead.

Old 19th December 2009   #23 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: CrimsonBlaze has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately

i think your best bet would be golden bell frogs if you have access to them where you come from
im currently breeding them for the same reason and if fed 2-3 times a day they can reach a max of aprox 5cm before they start growing legs and morphing into frogs.
theyre also rather easy to care for when i was younger i had aprox 15 of them i a tank and not long after there were a good 3-400 tadpoles in there aswell that i ended up just selling to a pet store az didnt hav room for all of them when they were tadpoles letalone after they mophed
and now am starting to breed them again , started a few weeks ago with 7 tadpoles fed 2 to my axie and left the others in the tank.
the bigest 1 just started growing front legs so will be a frog sune and im sure the others will sune follow
hope that helps

CrimsonBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breeding, frogs, tadpoles

LinkBack