The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Omega One Turtle Sticks

This is a discussion on Omega One Turtle Sticks within the Fish/Fish-related, as Live or Frozen Food forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; This product is also marketed for use with aquatic frogs and newts. I have been using Omega One brand fish ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th July 2009   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Omega One Turtle Sticks

This product is also marketed for use with aquatic frogs and newts. I have been using Omega One brand fish foods for the last several years because there tends to be less use of fillers and more of the main ingredient when compared to other brands on the market. Salmon and cod are listed as the main ingredients in the turtle sticks. The size and shape of the "sticks" are similar to Tetra brand Reptomin. Last evening I offered presoaked sticks via forceps to all of my caudates that will accept food in this manner and overall they all seemed to accept them enthusiastically, even more so than Reptomin. I am thinking that perhaps it is the smell. As a side note, out of curiosity I offered some to my leopard geckos and all of those individuals took them as well. I took the leftover sticks and compressed them into a ball and fed this to the pyxie frog, which will eat anything.
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009   #2 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 4
Rep: fishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Omega One Turtle Sticks

Wow...did you offer the sticks to the leopard geckos on forceps? I wonder if perhaps they will have prepared leopard gecko food on the market sometime...or has that been done already.

fishkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I think that there is/was a frozen prepared leopard gecko food on the market, at least at one time. I did offer the food on forceps and was really surprised that the lizards were so enthusiastic about it. I have to emphasize however that I feed my leopard geckos live insects most all of the time. This food is fish based so it is not something that I will offer them very frequently. Still though, I suppose that it is nice to have around in a pinch.
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Critter Mom has given consistently good advice and informationCritter Mom has given consistently good advice and informationCritter Mom has given consistently good advice and information

Where can I find them? Sounds like I would love to have these around for my three C. Orientalis' and occasionally for my bearded dragon, though I don't know if he would actually eat it. I figure the C. Orientalis' would..at least 2 out of 3...they will eat "newt pellets" if the mood strikes them. I would be very surprised and delighted if the picky one ate it.

Thank you,
Critter Mom

Old 9th August 2009   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Critter Mom has given consistently good advice and informationCritter Mom has given consistently good advice and informationCritter Mom has given consistently good advice and information

I tried looking them up online, and I could only find their fish food.

Help please?

Thanks,
Critter Mom

Old 9th August 2009   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

Never mind, I found them.

Tags
omega, sticks, turtle

LinkBack