The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Would phoenix worms be good feeders for spotted salamanders?..

This is a discussion on Would phoenix worms be good feeders for spotted salamanders?.. within the Waxworms, Mealworms, Maggots, etc forums, part of the Food: Live, Frozen, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, etc category; I think mine are between 2'-3 total length currently and I've been feeding them small mealworms. I'm getting ready to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: SweetApples is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Would phoenix worms be good feeders for spotted salamanders?..

I think mine are between 2'-3 total length currently and I've been feeding them small mealworms. I'm getting ready to do a feeder order, probably early May from Rainbow Mealworms if anyone has any suggestions on what I could buy from them that my salamanders would like.

SweetApples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: otolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Would phoenix worms be good feeders for spotted salamanders?..

Phoenix worms would be better than mealworms, I feed them to several species with good results. Your everyday garden worm or baitshop night crawler would be a much better staple foods for your salamander. Earthworms will provide the proper vitamin ratios and are readily available. Mealworms are fine sometimes but should not be the foundation of your sals diet.

otolith is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack