The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

My herping skills finally paid off...

This is a discussion on My herping skills finally paid off... within the Field Herping Accounts forums, part of the Fieldwork / Fieldherping category; I am extremely excited to share the photos of this animal with you all, so I'll jump right to the ...

Field Herping Accounts Share your field herpetology experiences with accounts/articles, photos, and advice.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By Sith the turtle
  • 1 Post By Herpin Man
  • 2 Post By sde
  • 1 Post By Blackbun
  • 1 Post By Blackbun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 96
Comments: 76
Rep: Sith the turtle has given consistently excellent advice and informationSith the turtle has given consistently excellent advice and informationSith the turtle has given consistently excellent advice and informationSith the turtle has given consistently excellent advice and information
Talking My herping skills finally paid off...

I am extremely excited to share the photos of this animal with you all, so I'll jump right to the point. We are visiting Israel for holiday, (Still hoping while we visit Galilee I may be able to photograph Salamandra and Ommatotriton) and we visited a place in southern Israel to look around and go herping. After walking around for a tiny bit, I found one of my target species, the Be'er sheva fringe-toed lizard (Acanthodactylus beershebensis). It is critically endangered for a few reasons that I won't get into. After catching it to identify its sex, (It was a female for those wondering) we promptly released the animal after a photo session. I also had seen an Ocellated Bronze Skink (Chalcides ocellatus), but it got away before I could get a photo. I've typed enough for now, here are the photos/video!:

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Herpin Man has shown reliable knowledgeHerpin Man has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: My herping skills finally paid off...

Great find!
Herpin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Nice Xavier! I'm glad all your hard work has paid off
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Blackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and information

Keep us posted re salamandra 👍🏽
Blackbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Rep: Sith the turtle has given consistently excellent advice and informationSith the turtle has given consistently excellent advice and informationSith the turtle has given consistently excellent advice and informationSith the turtle has given consistently excellent advice and information

Will do! Should have a little more than a week to try to find some
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Blackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and information

If you find some, then I'm coming! 😃
Blackbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:

Hello! Unfortunately, we had to cancel our trip short after a little more than a week, but on the plus side we should visit at least two more times this year, so maybe I'll be able to find more herps and more specifically caudates then

Tags
acanthodactylus, be'er sheva, critically, endangered, fringe, lizard, toed